Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-28-2020 09:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who would have thought the prequels were so enjoyable...by comparison...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-28-2020 09:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like em. I'll take more please.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 05-29-2020 12:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Disney is not taking any risks at all, ...

I think they took a bit of a risk with TLJ (Luke being a grumpy old man, snoke dying, ...) and it backfired.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-11-2020 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Greyhound (2020)

I saw the shorts the other day and had to chase this one down. It is the new Tom Hanks movie about an inexperienced US Naval Officer in a World War 2 guarding allied convoys in the North Atlantic against German U Boat Wolf Packs.
Not too bad. 8/10

IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-08-2020 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enjoyed two good old westerns last night on the late night TV :)

El Dorado (1967)

Quote:
Cole Thornton, a gunfighter for hire, joins forces with an old friend, Sheriff J.P. Hara. Together with an old Indian fighter and a gambler, they help a rancher and his family fight a rival rancher that is trying to steal their water.
IMDB

and ...
Guns of the Magnificent Seven (1969)

Quote:
A Mexican revolutionary hires an American gunslinger to organize the rescue of their leader from a brutal Army prison.
IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

Someone said I should watch this after having just finished the whole series and yes, a fitting end but you'd need to watch the whole 5 seasons I figure to appreciate....

IMDB

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the movie is like a 2hr BB episode.

I wonder if those flashback moments with Walter White were recorded for the movie or cutting room floor material from BB itself.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-18-2020 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Very Excellent Mr. Crocodile Dundee (2020)

Quote:
Paul Hogan is reluctantly thrust back into the spotlight as he desperately attempts to restore his sullied reputation on the eve of being knighted.

I watched to the end because it was Paul Hogan an Aussie icon but I have to say, this is not worth a look! This 'movie' is a waste of time sadly.

I will quote part of a review to express my opinion....
Quote:
I can't understand why he, and the other well known Aussie actors would lower their standards by participating in this poorly thought out train wreck.

IMDB

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-18-2020 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Abominable (2019)
An animated movie about a bunch of kids who try to save a Yeti (named Everest by the kids) by bringing him back to his home in the Hymalayan mountains. Of course there's no-good evil-doers who want to capture Everest for their own profit.

Found it an enjoyable children's flick. My father in law put it up for my kids to watch. I had never heard of it. Was a nice surprise.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-18-2020 02:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched Kung Fu Hustle again last night. Always did like this film. Hilarious. The comedic timing can be felt even while reading sub-titles. Fun movie...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-19-2020 12:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Quote:
I can't understand why he, and the other well known Aussie actors would lower their standards by participating in this poorly thought out train wreck.

money?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-19-2020 10:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Watched Kung Fu Hustle again last night. Always did like this film. Hilarious. The comedic timing can be felt even while reading sub-titles. Fun movie...

I was looking at Kung Fu Hustle last night considering watching it on Netflix but didn't have the energy in me for a full movie. I need to rewatch it again; I've forgotten pretty much everything about the film.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-20-2020 03:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched Upgrade. I skipped over it a few times cause the acting seemed kinda meh but it was actually a really fun watch, highly recommend it.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-10-2020 10:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rainy afternoon here so I caught up on a couple of classics :up:

The Dirty Dozen (1967)

and

Zulu (1964)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-11-2020 04:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Currently watching Dark on Netflix and The Boys on Prime...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-11-2020 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dark is fantastic, they should have ended it on Season 2 though.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-11-2020 07:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just realized this is the movie thread and not the currently watching thread. Fuck it...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com