Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-22-2016 09:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I concur

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-22-2016 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did watch both The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) and The Bourne Legacy (2012) over the last two nights and enjoyed both.
I have a little more understanding now of the story to date which I hope sets me up for a good experience in the next installment :up:

Captain Mazda wrote:
Star Trek: Beyond - 6/10

meh

:smirk: I should be catching this next week. Crosses fingers...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-23-2016 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched Ghostbusters in potato quality :)

Feig ? is a fucking idiot. I was wondering how so much dead pan ended up in this film and I didn't know he produced The Office. So there you go, The Office was shit.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but it's pretty close. The black women was good, can't really say much more than that. Everything else in the movie was poor, writing / comedy / characters... name it and it was in the bad list.

You might aswell watch this instead -

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-23-2016 10:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thing annoyed the fuck outta me too, it's one of those things you get at a fair ground -

It was just as bad as when I seen this -

See those 2 red things front and centre ?, well they're barcode scanners from 2002/3, I know cos when I worked in sales I needed to handle that model every fucking day. It ruined ST even more for me cos it just made Kumar / Sulu look like he was going to sell me a pack of fags. Whenever I see that bridge all I see is them >:E

Also GB, Jenine is played by Thor who was a bumbling idiot receptionist. Didn't quite see the point of that, Jenine was a good character.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-31-2016 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I plan to be seeing Star Trek in the next day or so and I'll be looking for those 2 red things you point out losCHUNK :smirk:

Me, well not a movie but I have been watching a TV series called Indian Summers. Just finished the tenth episode here last night and on our ABC TV channel (advertisement free) there were no annoying advertisements to ruin the telling of the story episode to episode :up:

In two words, really good! Get a chance and the time it is a great watch.

Read about it on the IMDB and just for you the Wiki

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-31-2016 07:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The new Bourne movie was terrible.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-31-2016 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shit, that's what I was afraid of, seeing it tomorrow night. The series peaked with Ultimatum anyways so I don't have high expectations.

How was it compared to Legacy?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-31-2016 10:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
The new Bourne movie was terrible.

Bummer... I am seeing it in the next couple of days as well... Waits....

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was time for Guest House Paradiso, again...
I just love this Movie. If you like dark-british-humor you have to take a look at it! :!:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
It was time for Guest House Paradiso, again...

I still can't bring myself to watch anything Rik related :(

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 07:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Shit, that's what I was afraid of, seeing it tomorrow night. The series peaked with Ultimatum anyways so I don't have high expectations.

How was it compared to Legacy?

Legacy was miles better just because of the drone bit at the beginning. You know that motorcycle chase scene at the end of Legacy that's twice as long as it should be? That's pretty much the entire new Bourne movie with retarded "zoom ,enhance" technobabble in between.

Also, the acting seemed shit by everyone but Tommy Lee Jones. Julia Stiles lines were so awful it was laughable.

So dissapointing.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 07:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard Damon has maybe 25 lines in the whole movie?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well that sucks. that was pretty much the only movie i'm interested in seeing right now

Legacy was good up to the motorcycle chase, which wasn't epic enough to be a finale

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wake In Fright

Australian classic about how fucked up the small towns in the Outback are and about the descent into the depths of animal desire.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bourne - 7/10

Plot's pretty weak but overall it's a solid action romp.

shaft wrote:
Also, the acting seemed shit by everyone but Tommy Lee Jones. Julia Stiles lines were so awful it was laughable.

Agreed, he always kills it in law enforcement roles. I think he'd make a really badass old Joker. And yeah, Julia was atrocious, good thing
we didn't have to listen to her for long.

Also, 2016 has been the year of garbage movies so in direct comparison Bourne looks a lot better.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-03-2016 10:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jason Bourne (2016)

I have been lucky enough to watch through all previus Bourne movies before seeing this on in the last hours.
I enjoyed it from the beginning to end.
IMDB
7.5/10

I got an earlier movie in as well... Two movies in one day :D

Love & Friendship (2016)

Costume drama if you'd never heard of it..

Quote:
Storyline
Set in the 1790s, Love and Friendship centers on beautiful widow Lady Susan Vernon, who has come to the estate of her in-laws to wait out colorful rumors about her dalliances circulating through polite society. Whilst there, she decides to secure a husband for herself and her rather reluctant debutante daughter, Frederica.

IMDB
Yes, another enjoyable watch, slightly better scoring because it wasn't another Bourne :smirk:
8/10

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 08-03-2016 10:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-03-2016 10:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good Dinosaur

What a trainwreck of a movie. Would not watch again.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 05:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New star trek - 8/10

liked it. overall plot was weak, though.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How can a movie with a weak plot be 8/10?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Bourne - 7/10

Plot's pretty weak but overall it's a solid action romp.

shaft wrote:

Agreed, he always kills it in law enforcement roles. I think he'd make a really badass old Joker. And yeah, Julia was atrocious, good thing
we didn't have to listen to her for long.

Also, 2016 has been the year of garbage movies so in direct comparison Bourne looks a lot better.

Julia Stiles has never been very good in my opinion.

Tommy was brilliant.

Zoom and Enhance sucked huge balls.

Lots of stuff wrong with Bourne but I quite enjoyed it really...can't put my finger on why. Might be because I could see loads of places I have been recently...like point them out. Always good when you can relate?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh I thought the Deep Dream thing was awesome. Very much how I think FB is.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Fury Road

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
xer0s wrote:

Fury Road

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmmm, good point. However, it wasn't that Fury Road's plot wasn't any good, it was just very simple.

Take the Land Before Time as an example. Great children's flick, but the plot was super simple. Little dinosaur is separated from family, goes on an adventure to find them, finds them. Simple plot, but not weak...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what you're saying is, a movie with a weak plot can be 8/10 ? ;)

Guardians of the Galaxy was another that popped into my head, but figured a lot more would rate Fury Road higher.

It's like Avatar n all, I fucking hated that film but I know plenty that'll say it was epic. Interstellar, shall we go on ?

I rewatched Fury Road n all, man I fucking love this film.

Last edited by losCHUNK on 08-04-2016 09:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
So what you're saying is, a movie with a weak plot can be 8/10 ? ;)

No, weak is different than simple...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's lacking and therefore weak. The 1st half of the movie is to get to the 'green belt' or someshit, that's literally all it is.

Ya know, like Waterworld where they try to find land - the film just made up for it in other ways...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Good Dinosaur

What a trainwreck of a movie. Would not watch again.

The art was fantastic though. A number of scenes I would have sworn that they cheated and used video footage instead of CG. Totally watched for the scenery.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 12:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That much is true. The same for Finding Dory, there were times the plastic-y fish ruined the otherwise photorealistic shot.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Piper short animation that played before Finding Dory was so much better than the main film.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 07:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn, so I'm the only one who thought Bourne was shit? This may require a second viewing.
The "asset" was so boring he just shot everything.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 10:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
The Piper short animation that played before Finding Dory was so much better than the main film.

I agree. Pixar shorts are historically the best.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.