Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-12-2017 09:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not a movie but I watched Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency last week and was hooked. It's a series but the quality of it is amazing and the story and characters are really good. I absolutely loved it. If you like sci fi check it out.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-12-2017 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, been watching too, it's pretty good :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-12-2017 09:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I'm sad I've watched it all :(

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-12-2017 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same :smirk:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-12-2017 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:
Batman vs Snowman!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 1962

An oldie for sure but I hardly remember seeing it. With a good list of (old) movie stars, one of which was a Lee Van Cleef and a descent story line, it made for a reasonable watch.

7.5/10

You may have heard the Gene Pitney song for the sam name :D

IMDB

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The new Assassins Creed movie, if you like the game you will love the movie

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 11:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A day at the movies today. Yes, sometime I do two in a day :)

Got to see (finally) Rouge One

Yes as expected. Great film and still Star Wars :up:
All well done and a fitting addition to the story line.
8.5/10

Then Passengers.
Great film and a smidgen better IMO. If you're into space sci-fi a must see, again, IMO.
9/10

EDIT: I am still trying to work out if the brains of that interstellar ship woke the engineer/mechanic purposefully to start a repair process. Your thoughts?

We know he wakes Aurora (Jennifer Lawrence) after a year so does the ship then wake Gus (Laurence Fishburne) because the diagnostics system fail and bridge access was required?

Seems to suspend belief (pun intended) that the right people were woken up (their suspended animation life support pods failed).

Just goes to show, even with spares for everything, interstellar craft may need a crew to fix things, even if the majority of the crew/passengers are in hibernation (one day).

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-03-2017 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Inferno

2/10

I quite enjoyed some of the soundtrack...but overall this is absolute horse shit.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-05-2017 01:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Independents day 2. 0/10.

I asked for my money back from Microsoft.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-05-2017 02:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just so, so bad. Transformers 4 was better.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-05-2017 03:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-05-2017 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When you wrote 'Independents day 2' Doombrain I read it as 'Independence Day 2' :confused: and I now see my error.

Here's the trailer for Independents' Day (2016) and the link for the IMDB page.

I guess I'll skip this installment.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-10-2017 07:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)

Hadn't seen this before but it was one of those that you say that you will go an see when you see a trailer at the movies. Somehow I missed it but caught it the other night on the TV.

Not too bad. Yes, watchable for sure but not one I'd go out and buy the DVD.
Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Caine made the movie as you'd expect and I didn't pick the appearance of Mark Hamill as the professor.

Stretching belief when that large room flooded and they ripped shower fittings apart to get the hoses, then to get air from around 'S' bends of the the toilets and the punching out a window/mirror made to hold back tons of water pressure :smirk:

7/10

IMDB

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-11-2017 10:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

john wayne big jake

wtf :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 05:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hardcore Henry - 6/10

the USP of this is the first-person viewpoint, which is novel but sometimes disorienting. dumb fun, basically

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)

Hadn't seen this before but it was one of those that you say that you will go an see when you see a trailer at the movies. Somehow I missed it but caught it the other night on the TV.

Not too bad. Yes, watchable for sure but not one I'd go out and buy the DVD.
Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Caine made the movie as you'd expect and I didn't pick the appearance of Mark Hamill as the professor.

Stretching belief when that large room flooded and they ripped shower fittings apart to get the hoses, then to get air from around 'S' bends of the the toilets and the punching out a window/mirror made to hold back tons of water pressure :smirk:

7/10

What about the part when their heads exploded like fireworks ? :smirk:

Great movie, lotsa fun :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Hardcore Henry - 6/10

the USP of this is the first-person viewpoint, which is novel but sometimes disorienting. dumb fun, basically

Dumb fun, basically, Die Hard (part 1).
Plot-wise it looses against the thinnest of plots. But for what it wants it delivers on every point. 8/10

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched this when it was released, if you're into sci fi then you should too :up:

Was right up my street, but not for everyone I'd imagine. It can be a bit cliche.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 10:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Passengers
3/10

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Split, loved it.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 04:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Passengers
3/10

Awww damn it :/ I was looking forward to watching this

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Twas better than a 3, was pretty average - worth watching like, but wasn't what I was expecting

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 06:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Passengers
3/10

I wouldn't say 3, I mean it's a solid movie. Tis just that not much happens; I kept waiting for some kind of twist of shakeup.
Top notch acting by Andy Garcia though :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, the concept was cool though, kept the movie together

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 11:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Steve Jobs (2015). If I didn't know the Apple story it would have made no sense. They picked such a weird timeframe of his life as well; nothing about how him and Wozniak founded Apple and no mention of Pixar. Odd.

I didn't dislike it though

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
shaft wrote:
Passengers
3/10

Awww damn it :/ I was looking forward to watching this

It's definitely worth watching and some of the CGI scenes of space were beautifully done.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 01:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't like how you saw everything coming a mile away. you knew he was going to wake her, you knew the bartender was going to tell her, you knew the crew member was going to die, you knew there was going to be some lame climatic scene where she comes back to him and you knew he wasn't going to die at the end.

the whole we have no time to wake another crew member to help because there was no time and then how there was only one medbay stasis bed on a ship of 5k. they should've ended it when them both going back into stasis and them waking up to live on the planet. he basically sentenced her to death and she got over it because she had no choice.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-25-2017 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I wouldn't say 3, I mean it's a solid movie. Tis just that not much happens; I kept waiting for some kind of twist of shakeup.
Top notch acting by Andy Garcia though :up:

I thought a good move too but am stumped at the mention of Andy Garcia as I can't recall seeing him..... Checking... Captain Norris :question:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-26-2017 02:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
he basically sentenced her to death and she got over it because she had no choice.

That was the whole point though wasnt it.

The name Aurora was also a bit on the nose.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-28-2017 01:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr Strange

It's like Inception, Harry Potter and Edge of Tomorrow took LSD and had a gang bang. Not sure how to rate it yet....I think it requires a second watch.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-28-2017 01:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm still pissed about ID2

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-01-2017 06:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not about one I've watched recently, but came across this:
Lovely photos of the Fury Road vehicles before shooting.

Some absolutely stunning detail there that is easily missed in the movie.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-01-2017 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^Amazing

I hope the Interceptor gets some proper screen time in the sequel.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 11:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Watched this when it was released, if you're into sci fi then you should too :up:

Was right up my street, but not for everyone I'd imagine. It can be a bit cliche.

Hey losCHUNK. Cheers :up:
I was looking for something to fill my evening....

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.