Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 08-31-2005 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love) - 10/10

Great movie.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 08-31-2005 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind. 9/10 - wow, what great movie. Great performance from Jim Carrey.

Der Untergang - Another great movie 9/10. A movie that won't let you linger around.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 08-31-2005 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Geebs wrote:

House of Flying Daggers - 8/10. Gorgeous to look at, and if you listen to the commentary track, you realise it's not actually as big a load of bollocks as you thought.

I didn't really like House of Flying Faggers. It was all artsy fartsy pancy kung fu shites. Like Hero, but Hero was actually good.

House of Flying Faggers 6/10

House of flying daggers was cool until they left the city. The very same thing happened in Tiger & Dragon. It's cool until they leave the city, it goes downhill from there.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-31-2005 01:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
best wait for the 2disc version of Sin City though

the first version they'll release is "barebones". the 2disc version has a kabillion hours of extra stuff, including the 3 stories in its entirety. great stuff :icon14:

really...?!

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 08-31-2005 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Sixth Day: meh/10. Started off slick, then just dragged like a motherfucker during the last 2/3.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Land of the Dead

4/10

2 points for scariness, that was well done in a couple of scenes, not so well done in others

2 points for John Leguizamo , who is kind of the coolest motherfucker in this movie, but could have been 10 times cooler. The others just suck so much, esp the main guy who gets all touchy-feely about hurt zombie feelings (yes you read that right).

Also: Intelligent Zombies wtf. The Zombie King is annoying.

Edit:

I think the time for zombie movies has passed.

There should be a zombie film hiatus for at least 5 years. They aren't scary anymore, they're just annoying.

Forget 5 years. Make it ten.

Make some new vampire movies instead. Blade has the potential for another really good movie, so has Anne Rice's stuff I think (never read the books, just watched the movies).

They just need to put some effort into that shit. Story-wise, of course, but most importantly from a cineastic point of view. Give me a new Blade movie that's half as innovative as Sin City and I'll be in heaven.

Last edited by SplishSplash on 09-01-2005 12:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr and Mrs Smith
9/10, nice film :p

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CrinklyArse wrote:
Mr and Mrs Smith
9/10, nice film :p

Agreed.

Last movie... Red eye.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
Last movie... Red eye.

Is that one actually good? The first trailer looked good, the second one looked boring as hell. Boohooo, they kidnapped her dad. *yawn*

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cursed

Shitsville. I like werewolf movies too, but this is pretty shit.

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shitter than Dog Soldiers?

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dawn of the Dead (2004) - 8/10

Ok, it was a bit predictable, but it's a zombie movie - wtf do you expect? Good, solid entertainment, an ok story, some interesting characters, chainsaws and several flesh-eating zombie children. Great stuff.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Cursed

Shitsville. I like werewolf movies too, but this is pretty shit.

w3rd
Unscary, tho i have a thing for Miss Ricci :ninja:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unleashed - 7/10

Very cool fighting,but seemed to drag
Bob was amazing :D

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Christina Ricci in a werewolf movie? Sounds cool.

Don Carlos wrote:
Unleashed - 7/10

Very cool fighting,but seemed to drag
Bob was amazing :D

The first 15 min or so were great. When he's still the dog and just blows his lid everytime the leash comes off. Some of the most intense fighting scenes I've seen. Then the entire movie goes to shit.

Last edited by SplishSplash on 09-01-2005 12:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Thing 7/10

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This film's great, give it a 24 out of 10

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 05:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Excellent

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 11:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
I think the time for zombie movies has passed.

There should be a zombie film hiatus for at least 5 years. They aren't scary anymore, they're just annoying.

Forget 5 years. Make it ten.

totally agreed :icon14:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 11:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
MKJ wrote:

the first version they'll release is "barebones". the 2disc version has a kabillion hours of extra stuff, including the 3 stories in its entirety. great stuff :icon14:

really...?!

really.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/641/641160p1.html

Quote:
With this one, they are already putting out one that comes out [August 16] that is just bare bones. I had not put anything extra on that, because I didn't have time to finish my DVD extras. They will put that out four months later because of piracy and stuff like that, and they actually don't put anything on there so that they know, 'well, this isn't the real DVD.'

a special edition where the second disc can have the stories separated out in the full cuts so that you can see it the way you would read the books. You just watch "The Yellow Bastard," the full cut, or see "The Big Fat Kill," and that's the way you're supposed to read the books.

You're not supposed to read three really quick, so that's going to be cool. So we shot the full books and all of the voiceover knowing that we could put it together as single episodes, and that eventually if we did part two and part three we'd end up having the discs that had all of the stories separated, and you could put them in any order you want.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 11:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind. 9/10 - wow, what great movie. Great performance from Jim Carrey.

saw that twice in thailand. great movie, i was impressed with Winslet's performance as well :icon14:

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Instinct. 10/10

I almost cried when that ape died :tear:

(even though i've seen it twice)

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Super Troopers

pretty funny, I liked it.

7/10

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Last Unicorn - 6/10

+3 points for the poetic style
+1 point for the theme song
-2 points for some unneccesairy childishness.
+2 points for the carnival
-3 points for the fucking butterfly
+3 points for christopher lee's voice acting as king haggard

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
reefsurfer wrote:
Last movie... Red eye.

Is that one actually good? The first trailer looked good, the second one looked boring as hell. Boohooo, they kidnapped her dad. *yawn*

yea, its an ok thriller.. rate it 3,5/5

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 01:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
MKJ wrote:

really...?!

really.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/641/641160p1.html

Quote:
With this one, they are already putting out one that comes out [August 16] that is just bare bones. I had not put anything extra on that, because I didn't have time to finish my DVD extras. They will put that out four months later because of piracy and stuff like that, and they actually don't put anything on there so that they know, 'well, this isn't the real DVD.'

a special edition where the second disc can have the stories separated out in the full cuts so that you can see it the way you would read the books. You just watch "The Yellow Bastard," the full cut, or see "The Big Fat Kill," and that's the way you're supposed to read the books.

You're not supposed to read three really quick, so that's going to be cool. So we shot the full books and all of the voiceover knowing that we could put it together as single episodes, and that eventually if we did part two and part three we'd end up having the discs that had all of the stories separated, and you could put them in any order you want.

Ack
Will end up getting both no doubt...:/

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apt Pupil - 7.5/10

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Dukes of Hazzard - 6/10

Funny, but mediocre.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 08:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Event Horizon - 5.5/10

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i just saw 40 year old virgin and i gotta say it's one of the fucking funniest movies i've ever seen.
awesome 10/10

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 10:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just saw " Sound of Thunder " based on the Ray bradbury short story. I guess I'd give it about a 6/10, I found it enjoyable. The cg was mostly behind the times, but it's such a strong story, it's nice to see a Bradbury story like that brought to life. As long as they followed his story it was pretty good, but in the middle they kind of filled it out with some bad dialog and hackneyed horror movie devices. It went back to they story by the end and got better again. As a sci fi movie fan, I found stuff in there to like, and it was entertaining, but don't expect to be blown away. The production company that was doing the movie went belly up and it had to be finished by another company, I don't think either company had a big Lucas films style budget.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-03-2005 03:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Constantine - 8/10. i was led to believe it was total pants but it was pretty enjoyable. some good casting decisions in there

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-03-2005 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

War of the Worlds: complete and utter bollocks.

Kung Fu Hustle; hilarious must see movie.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-03-2005 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like Constantine, too, it was unusual.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.