Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
-SKID- wrote:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Good movie :icon14:

how about a rating

Ahh, sorry about that.

7.5/10

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-SKID- wrote:
+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
-SKID- wrote:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Good movie :icon14:

how about a rating

Ahh, sorry about that.

7.5/10

cool, thx.

just watched Tokyo Godfathers. ffs, if that's not a 9/10..

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

David Lynch - Dune --- 9/10

absolutely brilliant visual atmosphere!
narration is a bit weird but quite good - the whole buildup just supports the climax so good :icon14:

... but there are a few cheezy things ( fremen/sardokar theory gets exchanged with the easier concept of a really fancy voice weapon. at least it works very well together with paul's other skills.)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dune is a top movie. Made me want to read the books for the first time. The 'look' is fantastic, but it departs a long way from the book in places (weirding module wtf?). The books are awesome.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/Suggests Sci-Fi channel's newer 6 movie Dune mini series.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 02:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sin City, just now

the cinemagraphic masterpiece of the decade. 9 outta 10 fo sheezy :A

now to play max payne :D

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 04:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bdw3 wrote:

sry, no. they're utter crap.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just watched White Noise. 6/10. Not bad. I'd watch it again.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 12:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Batman Begins

9 out of 10. Absolutely awesome. Best comic book movie to date.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 01:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hostage - 5/10

It was alright. Just your run-of-the-mill suspense movie. Nothing special to set it apart from the rest. No big twists or surprises. I wasn't overly impressed, but I still sat through it all.

Skycaptain and the World of Tomorrow - 8/10

This film was amazing! It was absolutely beautiful, the way they shot it and the special effects they used. It didn't even look like special effects. They gave it this real cliche' WWII propaganda feel, particularly in the beginning. It was funny, upbeat, and fun to watch. My only complaint is that they didn't really develop much of a background for hte main character. Sure, you get to know what he's like, but not how he got to where he is, which was unfortunate. But by the time things got rolling, it didn't really matter. I found myself watching the film just to see what was going to happen next. It was a truly unique visual experience. I wouldn't be surprised if 100% of this movie was shot behind a green screen. :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 02:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Batman Begins

did you not see sin city? :D

but seriously, i doubt batman begins is any better than the Burton's Batman. i mean, christian bale is quite a dork and that ben affleck-y "does it come in black?" is really fucking homosexual

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 02:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have seen Sin City and I loved it. They are both on par in terms of quality but I guess I was always more partial for Batman.

It's a brilliant film. They way he stays in the dark, is just like I always imagined from the comic books.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 05:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Batman Begins

How the fuck did u c this?

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a good friend who works on movies. Most big films that have some kind of production over here, and he probably had something to do with it.

As a result crew members usually get to see the movie in a special screening. That's 2 tickets.....

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Collateral - 7/10

Pretty decent suspense movie with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. Nice twists and progression.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 03:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr. & Ms. Smith

Awesome movie, loved the story and acting by the couple. Had a great mix of comedy and action, and some nice fight seens as well.

denzii.visible = false
denzii.visible = false
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 03:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Colateral, with Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox.

Awsome, I would have to give it 8/10 because the ending was kinda odd.

But a good movie all around.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
Bdw3 wrote:

I thought the original was utter and compleat crap. :shrug:

In waht way are the sci-Fi ones crap?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Downfall

That Adolf Hitler final days in the bunker one.

With subtitles all the way though the movie one might think :icon13: but it was a very good movie, well worth seeing if you get the chance. 8/10

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 04:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Revenge of the Shit-Tith: 4.5/10. In some ways this movie felt even more incoherent than Ep. 1 and 2...it certainly was just as bloodless if not more so. Lucas is simply out of his depth where human beings are concerned. Some nice SFX sequences can't disguise the general turd-hood of the film. Disappointing.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bdw3 wrote:
Pext wrote:
Bdw3 wrote:

I thought the original was utter and compleat crap. :shrug:

In waht way are the sci-Fi ones crap?

I would like to know also. I thought the Sci-Fi movies were much better.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay, so in what way are they crap?

The people reviewing seem to agree with me...

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the miniseries is crap because it feels like a well budgeted xena episode.

david lynchs movie on the other hand is a masterpiece.
you have to understand that it's not a 1:1 adaption of a movie like lotr - it's a film, that takes herberts ideas as a base for itself and builds it's own world.
of course, not everything is resolved and explained just like in every other lynch movie. but if you want things simple, you can still watch xena.

it's cheap literature vs. art

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I somehow didn't feel the Xena vibe the whole time i was watching it....

I thought Xena was cheesy.

I thought Dune was quite good....

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 05:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

StarShrieker wrote:
nope, but it isn't much better :p

ah, least I'm alive whee.

Well, congrats and fuck you for graduating before me.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 06:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hannibal wrote:
Revenge of the Shit-Tith: 4.5/10. In some ways this movie felt even more incoherent than Ep. 1 and 2...it certainly was just as bloodless if not more so. Lucas is simply out of his depth where human beings are concerned. Some nice SFX sequences can't disguise the general turd-hood of the film. Disappointing.

I wanted to watch it this weekend, cos some people told me that THIS part would be much better, but then I found this:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... u=episode3

- and now your 4.5 ... don't think I'm gonna watch it anymore.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haha :)

Meh, my degree means shit right now. Now I have to try and actually learn coding stuff on my own because I don't know where else I'll go with it. I didn't apply myself at all (and it's not because of quake heh)

I wanna go back to school and get a better math background, go into forestry or natural resources management or something.

You still on the same path you were? You're light-years ahead of me man, believe me. Keep it up :)

So I just bought Unforgiven, Interview with the Vampire, Mystic River, and The Last Samurai for $20. I still haven't seen Unforgiven (yea yea I know), and the other three are good movies to own.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 06:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I liked Unforgiven pretty well.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 06:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

StarShrieker wrote:

You still on the same path you were? You're light-years ahead of me man, believe me. Keep it up :)

Yeah, I added Math as a second major, still doing EE. The end is in sight, about 2 years to go, then it's grad school for my master's in EE. Although, I'm getting a lot more interested in the math side of my education, so I may end up doing the MS in that. Don't know.

PostPosted: 06-12-2005 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

StarShrieker wrote:

Meh, my degree means shit right now. Now I have to try and actually learn coding stuff on my own because I don't know where else I'll go with it. I didn't apply myself at all (and it's not because of quake heh)

I wanna go back to school and get a better math background, go into forestry or natural resources management or something.

So I just bought Unforgiven, Interview with the Vampire, Mystic River, and The Last Samurai for $20. I still haven't seen Unforgiven (yea yea I know), and the other three are good movies to own.

You must really love playing computer games if you got a degree in computers :lol:

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 06:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just rented Seed of Chucky...gonna watch it soon.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 08:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

actually, the thing is, I really don't enjoy computer games much, and it shows.

Hmm, should I even bother watching the newest Chucky movies? I can stand dumb movies once in awhile but seriously...

My math knowledge has dwindled of late; I'd really like to change that.

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 08:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shiv4 wrote:

I wanted to watch it this weekend, cos some people told me that THIS part would be much better,

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... u=episode3

I went to see it precisely because a few friends told me it was better than 1 and 2. They were wrong. The 4.5 was overly generous...and Maddox is exactly right.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 10:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Pauly wrote:
Batman Begins

did you not see sin city? :D

but seriously, i doubt batman begins is any better than the Burton's Batman. i mean, christian bale is quite a dork and that ben affleck-y "does it come in black?" is really fucking homosexual

Don't you fucking say a thing about christian bale like that, or I'll kill you.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.