Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 06-08-2005 12:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sin city, 10/10

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 06-08-2005 01:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How can anyone not like The Life Aquatic?
It's fucking hilarious.

Sin City was good, but "The Big, Fat Kill" was by far the best of the three episodes. Yellow Bastard was just nasty, Bruce really saved that one from being utter shit.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-08-2005 01:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
How can anyone not like The Life Aquatic?
It's fucking hilarious.

ack, i forgot to post about that. watched it yesterday. damned if it wasn't a 9/10.

:lol: at you dummies posting "perfect 10's"

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-08-2005 02:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the life aquatic is just so good. :icon14:

i'd say 9/10.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 06-08-2005 02:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a hard time deciding whether or not I liked The Life Aquatic. I'm a big Bill Murray fan, and this movie was rife with his subtle, backhanded humor. But some of it was so strange, I was actually sitting there saying (out loud, moind you) "Did that just fucking happen? Did he really just do that?"
I guess that's part of the brilliance, because after I let it sink in for a couple days, I decided that I really liked it.
It was the same with Rushmore.

i'm gorgeous!
i'm gorgeous!
PostPosted: 06-08-2005 02:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bill Murray was great in Kingpin: 12 out of 10!!!

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-08-2005 03:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
It was the same with Rushmore.

I really liked that movie. :icon14:
I keep reminding myself to rent Life Aquatic, and then i keep forgetting to actually do so. :(

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-09-2005 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the secret of santa vittoria

Anthonty Quinn

its about wine heghe

def a 4 of 5

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 06-09-2005 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Primer - 9/10 - Just saw it 20 minutes ago, very confusing at first but I think I understand most of it.

The Machinist - 8.5/10 - I'm very surprised how much weight he lost, great movie.

Children Underground - 10/10 - This one is just crazy, it's about young kids living in Romania's subway. (Documentary)

Chernobyl Heart - 10/10 - Shocking movie about children in the Chernobyl area. (Documentary)

National Treasure - 6/10 - Entertaining but nothing special.

Assault On Pricent 13 - 5.5/10 - Some nice effects but the story sucks.

Movies I'm about to see:

Hostage
Coach Carter
Constantine
The Life Aquatic

i'm gorgeous!
i'm gorgeous!
PostPosted: 06-09-2005 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Assault is fucking great, you shouldn't even start on this one with me, you won't stand a chance.

27.5/10

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-09-2005 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inphlict wrote:
The Machinist - 8.5/10 - I'm very surprised how much weight he lost, great movie.

are all machinists fat or something?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 06-09-2005 03:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Friday Night Lights

9/10

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-09-2005 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
inphlict wrote:

Chrisrian Bale lost loads of weight for the film:

I missed this in the cinema and really need to get round to seeing it, i love Christian Bale.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-09-2005 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
inphlict wrote:

Chrisrian Bale lost loads of weight for the film:

I missed this in the cinema and really need to get round to seeing it, i love Christian Bale.

Thanks. i just wasn't sure who starred and didn't feel like googling the info.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-09-2005 09:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kung Fu Hustle
8.5/10

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 07:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

VoxProminence wrote:
rented the usual suspects the other day.

damn brillaint flick, hadnt seen it in afew years. Kevin Spacey's best performance i would have to argue.

9+3/4 out of 10

spacey is very good in Usual Suspects, but i have to say he has more character in Swimming with Sharks :icon14:

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:

*uses the force to flip Vader's switches on and off in an irritating manner*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sin City - 10/10

The stories were great, the way they tied up the characters and story into the city was awesome. Really made it feel like Sin City was cut off and totally different than the rest of the world. The narration was also great. Some very strong quotes I could throw around. I highly reccoment this film to anyone who likes film noir or action movies, or hell, even crime movies. I'm not a fan of Benicio Del Toro particularly, but I can't deny that his acting in this movie was great. Especially when he was talking to Clive Owen in the car. :)

The Last Samurai - 9/10

I loved this film. I don't normally get emotional when watching films, but this one got me choked up a few times. Good story, good acting, good flow, good music. It really felt epic near the end of the film. I felt good after having watched it. I think someone else could have played Tom Cruise's part, but he didn't detract from the film or anything. I actually preferred that warrior dude that was teaching him things. Now THAT was some good acting!

Ong-Bak - 6/10

It's a Thai martial arts film about a guy trying to find a sacred statue head that was stolen from his village. The story seemed kind of cookie-cutter and predictable, with a lot of cliche' moments, but the Thai boxing technique that was used for the fights was awesome. There was one fight scene in a bar-type place that was a good 15 minutes long, and never got boring. After watching this movie, I wanted to play a Japanese RPG game, LOL.

Flight of the Phoenix - 5/10

This was way too unbelievable a movie to really get into. Too many bullshit moments. It wasn't all that enjoyable aside from that, either. Seemed like it was 3 hours long, but it was really only half that time. Rent this movie or wait for it to come on TV, don't watch it in theatres or buy the DVD.

Manchurian Candidate - 4/10

Just another flavor of your 'government conspiracy' type movie, really. Another rental here. :(

I'll be watching a half a dozen movies some time soon and will comment on them. Yay for summer break and unemployment. :p

Probable movies include:

Star Wars Episode III
Versus
Hostage
Skycaptain and the World of Tomorrow
Ocean's 12
Constantine
Napoleon Dynamite
The Machinist
Kung Fu Hustle
Suspect Zero
Team America

i'm gorgeous!
i'm gorgeous!
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
Good trolling attempt, but that movie sucked on all that sucks.

i never trolled anybody in my whole interlife

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 04:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched House of Flying Daggers last night, and I have to say that it's got to be the most beautiful movie I've ever seen. The cinematography was amazing and the scenery was breathtaking. Good story, if a bit unoriginal, with fantastic fight choreography.

9/10.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree, NS. That movie was a visual orgasm. :up:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
I watched House of Flying Daggers last night, and I have to say that it's got to be the most beautiful movie I've ever seen. The cinematography was amazing and the scenery was breathtaking. Good story, if a bit unoriginal, with fantastic fight choreography.

9/10.

Agree. I usually don't go for movies like that, but this one I liked. :icon14:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 05:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really haven't watched many movies lately, at least anything I can remember.

House of Flying Daggers
- see above comments... I bought it as soon as it came out on DVD without seeing it first, didn't disappoint
9/10
Hero
- I watch this every once in awhile, I guess I love movies of this sort
9/10
National Treasure
-ok, plot was dumb, chick was pretty, acting was bleh.
4/10

unfortunately I still need to see SW: Episode III, The Machinist, Sin City, and Life Aquatic. The new Batman movie doesn't really look half-bad either, at least it looks entertaining.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 05:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cerby! s0p?

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Coach Carter - 6.5/10 - Not bad but it wasn't that good either, now if you want a really good sports movie watch "Friday Night Lights"

God Has a Rap Sheet - 8/10 - This movie is very different from most movies but at the same time it's pretty good.

IMDB: Eight men of various backgrounds get arrested for the evening, and share the holding cell with a homeless man who awakens and claims to be God.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Team America - pretty fucking disappointing actually. A few laughs, but not nearly as funny as I thought it would be. 5/10.

Ocean's Twelve - the opposite. Better than the word on the street suggested. Not as smooth as Eleven but definitely had that feelgood factor. 8/10.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NS :D Not much, done with school, no experience = no computer job. I won't even say where I'm working, heh.

I'd like to go back to school sometime in the future, or join the Peace Corps, or somethin'.

How you been!?

I though Coach Carter was a fairly decent movie.

Also saw Hostage a few months ago... it was so-so, dumb at the end but blowing things up = cool to watch.

Mean Creek
- I like indie films, the ending was a bit sudden but that was the point. Decent acting helped.

I took my brother to a movie I knew I wouldn't like, and I didn't.... it was so bad I can't even remember what it was :|

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah Mean Creak was pretty good, 7.5/10

Team America - 4.5/10 - I was disappointed with it, not very funny.

Layer Cake - 8/10 - Good movie, I liked the ending.

Blade Trinity - 5.5/10 - Another blade movie...Nothing special.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh yea, I just saw Blade 3. Jennifer Beals is hot, but the movie sucked.

To End All Wars
-cheap dvd I bought, has Kiefer Sutherland in it. I'm a sucker for historical dramas, Chinese or not. I liked it, thought it could have been more though.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind is always playing on DirecTV, what is it about exactly?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 08:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

StarShrieker wrote:
NS :D Not much, done with school, no experience = no computer job. I won't even say where I'm working, heh.

Would I be able to order some fries there? :)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nope, but it isn't much better :p

ah, least I'm alive whee.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-10-2005 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Good movie :icon14:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 12:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-SKID- wrote:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Good movie :icon14:

how about a rating

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jay + Silent Bob strike back

my 6.5/10

quite funny, but I think someone should fuck up their stupid asses

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Final Cut (Robin Williams): 6 Interesting premise, but too long between the good dramatic bits.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.