Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-12-2019 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Absolutely Fabulous The Movie (2016)

I have watched the TV series for years so I do say I thoroughly enjoyed the comeback of sorts.

With most if not all of the original cast present, then throw in celebrities and famous faces from years past and I name these, Dame Joan Collins, Sir Barry Barry Humphries, Dame June Rosemary Whitfield (RIP) and Stella McCartney, all made a for a great movie.

If it is your 'cup of tea' you just have to view. It was good, no great and entertaining :up:
A solid 8/10

IMDB

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-13-2019 04:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

John Wick
Not nearly as enjoyable as I expected, but I guess I fell victim to all the hype surrounding this series and Keanu Reeves. I expected more of the film.
Everyone's raving about the action scenes, but I felt they lacked something special. Most of them started off with some very fluid and well choreographed moves by Reeves but right before it gets really satisfactory, Reeves tends to get tangled up in this wrestling hold with a bad guy, immediately killing off the whole flow of the scene. I expected The Matrix levels of coolness, but it just wasn't there.
I must admit that the genre of movie isn't exactly my kind of thing either, so it probably was a hard sell from the beginning.

The Hateful Eight
This is more my kind of thing to be honest. I loved this movie. It's a typical Tarantino film. It's not about the story or the plot. It's about the characters, and all of them are absolutely great.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-13-2019 04:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love Tarantino films it's too bad he as a person seems to be terrible.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 06-13-2019 08:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally watched End Game. Best part about it is that it's over. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that time travel is a stupid contrivance and was the laziest possible way to wrap the series.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com