Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        if i ever have a child like this...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:
"White trash" is a term not a race reference you pack of stupid.

yes it is, the fuck are you talking about

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=white%20trash
It's a racist term.

From answers.com:
Quote:
White trash (extended: poor white trash) is a racial epithet usually used to describe certain low income caucasians, especially characterized by crude manners or abnormally low moral standards. According to Oxford English Dictionary, "white trash" first came into common use in the 1830s as an American pejorative used by the slaves of "gentlemen" (rich white Southerners, often plantation aristocrats) against poor Caucasians who worked in the field. The term involves both behavioral characteristics (such as mannerisms, lifestyle) and overt racial characteristics (whiteness). The term is probably used most frequently in the Southeast region of the United States.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

These days "white trash" is as racist as the term "pikey".

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

perhaps that's because as a society we ignore the underlying racism behind its usage.

Slavery was always racist, but not always acknowledged as such.

Similarly, white trash is racist, irrespective of whether people acknowledge it.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tell you what...let's end the discussion and wait for reefersurfer to state whether or not he meant what I think he meant....as in trailer trash, pikey gypo...that sorta crap.

Or if it's possible for a white guy (reefersurfer) to be racist towards another white person.

PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

stupid idiot

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How is it not racist? The word WHITE is in the term!

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck u...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
How is it not racist? The word WHITE is in the term!

I'm white...Holy shit! I must be racist! I just used the term white to describe the way I look with respect to other people. :icon20:

I believe racism only applies when you're using race-based differences for malicious purposes or to somehow give one person an advantage over another one. Otherwise it's just descriptive language.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 03:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, seeing as how the term is used to describe low income caucasians, I'd say "white trash" is racist.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I'd say nobody fucking cares, you piece of white trash.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Nijjers (extended: poor nijjers) is a racial epithet usually used to describe certain low income negroids, especially characterized by crude manners or abnormally low moral standards. According to Oxford English Dictionary, "nijjers" first came into common use in the 1830s as an American pejorative used by the slaves of "gentlemen" (rich white Southerners, often plantation aristocrats) against poor Blacks who worked in the cotton fields. The term involves both behavioral characteristics (such as mannerisms, lifestyle) and overt racial characteristics (blackness). The term is probably used most frequently in the Southeast region of the United States.

Last edited by [xeno]Julios on 06-26-2005 03:35 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was just sad. (Assuming it was real).

The other player(s) shoulda told him he was out of line.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The term redneck is a racist slag against white folk.

I say it be stricken from the internet.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
These days "white trash" is as racist as the term "pikey".

According to who? Hey, I hear the word [LOL RACISM] is pretty commonplace now. Use it downtown, okay? Edit: They've censored [LOL RACISM]? Silly spics.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:
If that was my kid, I'd bring a hammer, and chocolate milk.

Very calmly, in a monk-like fashion, I would smash the xbox open, and pour in the chocolate milk.

Then I would hug my child, and tell him I love him.

I think that would fuck him up for a few years to come.

heheh

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 07:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A n|igger is a n|igger whether or not it's a low class n|gger living on the Mississippi delta or a upper class Frederick Douglass lawyer n|igger. White trash are people who live in trailers who can't read and do meth, but they wouldn't be white trash if they got a decent job and stopped the meth and learned to read and lived in a house that wasn't considered urban blight.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:
"White trash" is a term not a race reference you pack of stupid.

yes it is, the fuck are you talking about

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=white%20trash
It's a racist term.

From answers.com:
Quote:
White trash (extended: poor white trash) is a racial epithet usually used to describe certain low income caucasians, especially characterized by crude manners or abnormally low moral standards. According to Oxford English Dictionary, "white trash" first came into common use in the 1830s as an American pejorative used by the slaves of "gentlemen" (rich white Southerners, often plantation aristocrats) against poor Caucasians who worked in the field. The term involves both behavioral characteristics (such as mannerisms, lifestyle) and overt racial characteristics (whiteness). The term is probably used most frequently in the Southeast region of the United States.

:lol: @ you spending time on that

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So basically it's 'classial'(heh) instead of racial? But then again, it is always used to refer to white lower class and not any other color lower class. :smirk:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:

It's not like it took much time. :icon6:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 07:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
+JuggerNaut+ wrote:

It's not like it took much time. :icon6:

Don't lie... it must have took you around a minute to post that. It only takes 60 minutes to make one hour... and an hour is a very long time... since it only takes 24 of them to make up a day... which is a very long time... since it only take 365 days to make up a year... which is a very long time... since it only take 1000 years to make a millenium... which is a very long time... since it only takes 6,000,000 milleniums to make up the age of the universe... which is a very long time. You definitely spent a very long time on that post. (This post contains not only sarcasm but irony, btw).

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 08:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

earth's 6 bil - uni's around 15 bil or so

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 05:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There is roughly one human on this earth for every year it's been in existence - goddamn what a trip.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.