Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Just got done working the CeBIT

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Just got done working the CeBIT

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

... and holy shit what kind of horror trip it was!

I was working for a big Korean company and my job was to refill all the catalogs and brochures and whatever they had on their huge, masssively enourmous booth. (Think soccer-field size)

So I was carrying boxes of catalogues all over that booth for ten and a half hours a day, 6 days in a row. I had one 20-minute break per day, to get something to eat.

My feet are literally bleeding right now (no joke), I've got about 5 blisters on each of them.
Every day after work I got something to eat really quickly, than dropped to bed at 8 pm and slept till 6 am to get up for another day of Korean torture. Every morning, my feet would still be hurting from the day before.
Did I mention that I hate Koreans now? Fucking stuck-up, obnoxious little assholes. A few of them were okay I guess, but most of them were extremely irritating, especially the women.

BTW women:
My coworkers, around 70 rather good-looking women, managed to keep the average IQ in our hall constantly below 50.

Random bitch: "Do we have this catalogue in german? It's really important."
Me: "No. English only."
Random bitch: "Can't you look for it?"
Me: "I know we don't have them in german! Why is it so important anyways?"
Random bitch: "Yeah, that totally cute security guy* wanted one but he doesn't understand english!"

(* "security guy" = "complete retard, too stupid to get a job as a parking guard")

Info booth worker #1 calls me on the phone: "Could you bring us some more bags when you're not busy?"
Me: "Sorry, we're all out of bags."
Info booth worker #2 calls me on the phone: "We need some more bags over here. Can you bring us some?"
Me: "Sorry, we're all out of bags."
Info booth worker #3 calls me on the phone: "WE NEED MORE BAGS DESPERATELY!!! QUICK, BRING US SOME!!!"
Me: "Errm, as I've told TWO of your coworkers just a couple minutes ago, WE ARE ALL OUT OF BAGS! Do you people not talk to each other?"
Info booth worker #3: "Okay, okay, no need to be mean!"
I'm in the staff room, picking up some more catalogues, when info booth worker #4 enters:
"OMG OMG OMG I NEED SOME BAGS REALLY QUICKLY OMG OMG OMG SPLISHSPLASH HELP ME LOOK FOR THEM PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!"
*me rolls up into a ball and rocks back and forth*

Not to mention the fucking customers:

"Do you sell this?" (points at huge HDTV plasma screen, price range probably somewhere far above $20,000)
"No sir, this is a trade show. We don't sell anything."
"Oh come on, I know you sell this stuff when the fair is over."
"Sorry sir, we don't."
"Oh well, I couldn't afford it anyways. What does this thing cost? More than my house, right? HAHAHA!"

Next customer:

"Okay, I'll take it. Just wrap it up, alright?"
"HAHAHA VERY FUNNY THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HEARD THIS JOKE!!!"

Next customer:

"Do you have any give-aways?"
"No, sorry."
"Come on, I heard you guys give away memory sticks."
"I'm afraid that information is false."
"MY FRIEND GOT ONE HERE! YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME ONE AS WELL!"

Next customer:

"You know, your displays aren't even that good."
"HAY THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW. WE'LL CLOSE UP SHOP RIGHT AWAY!"

To make a long story short: If the human body was designed to carry heavy boxes 10 hours a day, the job would have been aggravating, but okay.
With bleeding feet, hurting back and knees and obnoxious coworkers, it was the worst thing I ever did.
Next year I'll work as a promoter again, which should be better. Even more idiots to put up with, but a lot less physical pain.

Last edited by SplishSplash on 03-16-2005 11:55 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quickly drink copious amounts of alcohol, to soothe the pain.

And lol @ dialogues

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

way to fail

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck that cebit crap...

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Quickly drink copious amounts of alcohol, to soothe the pain.

too tired - I'm going to sleep

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this:

Yesterday was my birthday. What awaits me at work?

The stupid delivery guys brought THE ENTIRE DELIVERY for the day into the wrong room. Think like 1000 kilos worth of stuff. And me to carry it all into the other room before the gates open.

HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY TO ME!

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:

The stupid delivery guys brought THE ENTIRE DELIVERY for the day into the wrong room. Think like 1000 kilos worth of stuff. And me to carry it all into the other room before the gates open.

bwahaahaa, soz. happy birthday for yesterday.

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus... I hope you made a lot of money otherwise you suck.

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Happy birthday, splish. For what it's worth.

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:

€10/hour, which is pretty good for a Uni student.

Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Happy Bday Splish

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

€10/hour?? Stingy Koreans... I worked there 2 years ago building up the Telekom booth. I was paid a lump sum of € 220,- plus € 35,-travelling costs a day.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HBD!

PostPosted: 03-16-2005 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah happy bday dude. I guess for a uni student that might be alright. Seems like a lot of hard work though, I hate hard work :)

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh HBD splish :)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
Kracus wrote:

€10/hour, which is pretty good for a Uni student.

Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday.

Obviously not enough to buy sensible shoes :icon25:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
oh HBD splish :)

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 12:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:

what's that like 60x 40lb boxes? That's nothing. Stop complaining. Happy Birthday though.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 12:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

600€ for six days is nice - get yourself some nice birthday presents then. hbd :icon14:

PostPosted: 03-17-2005 12:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you go to CeBit, Pext?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.