Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Some new BATTLEFIELD 2 screens *omg*

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Some new BATTLEFIELD 2 screens *omg*

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Upgrade your hardware guys..

[lvlshot]http://fz.se/bildarkiv/images/Battlefield_2/Gulf_Of_oman_20050210_068.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://fz.se/bildarkiv/images/Battlefield_2/feb05_nl_08_large.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://fz.se/bildarkiv/images/Battlefield_2/feb05_nl_11_large.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://fz.se/bildarkiv/images/Battlefield_2/feb05_nl_04_large.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://fz.se/bildarkiv/images/Battlefield_2/feb05_nl_10_large.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://fz.se/bildarkiv/images/Battlefield_2/47549-bf2screen122.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://fz.se/bildarkiv/images/Battlefield_2/47163-bf2screen104.jpg[/lvlshot]

Also, in a recent interview with Some producer called Scott evans, he says that the game needs atleas a couple of Gig ram to truly be enjoable.. wtf?
video interview here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_8397.shtml

I heard that minimum system specs are:
1,5GHz
512 ram memory
128mb graphic card with 1.4 shaders

Im guessing to really enjoy the game it will be something like:
Amd 3200 (2.2 GHz) or Pentium4 3GHz
1024 ram
Geforce 6800 or Ati xt800

KEY FEATURES

* Online multiplayer action with up to 64 players on the PC.
* All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting.
* Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle for a unique and intense experience every time.
* Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack vehicles, and fighter jets.
* Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
* A variety of solider classes including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat Engineer, Medic, Heavy Weapons, and Anti-Tank units.
* New state-of-the-art weapon systems, including wire-guided missiles and laser designated bombs.
* Material penetration feature makes sure players know the difference between cover and concealment.
* Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank from recruit all the way to General and unlock new weapons, medals, and more.
* Join a squad or select the new Commander Mode to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.
* Full in-game community support including, buddy lists, stat tracking, live chat rooms, and in-game clan creation.
* Voice over IP supported with headset.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm ready, Lets go!!

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jeebus! Going to be snagging that. I just hope they sort out the fucking horrid lag issues.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Jeebus! Going to be snagging that. I just hope they sort out the fucking horrid lag issues.

Well i dont think there will be any lag on the official servers(T3 and fat servers) but the "home servers" will probably lag.

Since BF2 has a recording feature(it records every match and anyone can download the whole match to look at in slow motion,rewind,pause etc) and it has a commander view(like a RTS game) alot of vehicles, bump mapping, 1.4 shader technic, high poly models and texturing, big maps AND built in Voice over ip.... i dont belive it will be easy for regular ppl to host a dedicated server from their "old" 1.7 GHz with 512 ram and a 2mbit upload connection.

Also, only the official servers will have the RANK system that allows players to climb in rank(like Americas army) to acces commander view and other classes/weapons.

Im guessing a "home" dedicated server can host 16 players top with a powerful pc and atleast 10mbit upload... but only time will tell, its still 4 months until the release of BF2.

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks great

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I liked this game the first time when it was called Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising.

PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck off

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep wrote:
I liked this game the first time when it was called Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising.

I play Joint ops/Escalation and i love it.
When everything is set to max it looks as good as BF2 but it cant be playable online so i have only tried it in LAN by myself.
Problem is, Novalogics netcode sucks arse, they have built it for 150 players!? and it sucks arse... when im enjoying the game the most is on a 32 player max server and everything set to normal(medium).. even then im having lag spikes and fps slowdown because of the size of the maps and the crappy netcode.

If you want to get the feel of BF2 i suggest you go buy Joint ops... with a powerful pc and a none laggy server(stay below 50 players) you will have a great time.

Let me see if i can dig up a good pic from JO.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep wrote:

yea i liked that game too, when it was still called BF:1942
and i liked that one too before, yknow when it was called Tribes ?
that rocked

dork :dork:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was fun when it was called Delta Force.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No it was much better when it was known as Pacman

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Goddamn that looks great - but i will have to buy more ram :(

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That look sweet. My new 64bit system should have fun with that.

Nice find. :icon14:

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

really looking forward to this one.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:

agreed

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was much better when it was known as "The mother of all Full scale war games" namely Operation flashpoint

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:

Actually, it ruled when it was called "Pong".

OWNED.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just hope they don't overpower the choppers like they did in BF:V.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 05:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sign me up!
YourGrandpa wrote:

So what type of improvement do you see with a 64 bit proc over a regular one? I was talking to a guy who said 64 bit was pointless and he won't bother with a new proc until they're up to 128 bit, but I dunno if he was talking out of his ass or not. :o

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Sign me up!
YourGrandpa wrote:

So what type of improvement do you see with a 64 bit proc over a regular one? I was talking to a guy who said 64 bit was pointless and he won't bother with a new proc until they're up to 128 bit, but I dunno if he was talking out of his ass or not. :o

64 bit improvements will be more apparent when apps start utilising the technology, i'm guessing BF2 will do so.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aye - but it does sound like that guy was talking out of his ass.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
When everything is set to max

Oh yeah - remember that BF:V movie you posted a while back, and said something along the lines of 'this quality is in game, i guess they turned everything up".

So i fucked around with it at home, turning everything up instead of lowish. The result was awful, totally unplayable shit. Strangely enough if you're a Spectator it doesn't bother you as much... i imagine if you play it over a LAN it's even less of a problem.

I lost the original point i was trying to make but i thought of another one right here: "very good graphics do not get you a high score".

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Pauly wrote:

Actually, it ruled when it was called "Pong".

OWNED.

Forget this fangled new electircal entertainment jazz, it was better when it was tag.

Seriously though those shots pwn.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 06:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice!

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 06:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
reefsurfer wrote:
When everything is set to max

Oh yeah - remember that BF:V movie you posted a while back, and said something along the lines of 'this quality is in game, i guess they turned everything up".

So i fucked around with it at home, turning everything up instead of lowish. The result was awful, totally unplayable shit. Strangely enough if you're a Spectator it doesn't bother you as much... i imagine if you play it over a LAN it's even less of a problem.

I lost the original point i was trying to make but i thought of another one right here: "very good graphics do not get you a high score".

Yea, very true, i can play a game with less detail and graphics in order to improve game flow... but it dosent hurt if you can have both.

PostPosted: 02-22-2005 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do like Battlefield, but I don't want to buy more ram.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i've got a gig and a half, should be enough \o/.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:

What do you have now? 512?
Another 512 stick isent that expensive and you´ll gonna need it for most games(big fps) coming this year.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 08:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aye, ram is relatively cheap nowadays.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 08:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep wrote:

lol. he can't help himself.

PostPosted: 02-22-2005 08:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
Massive Quasars wrote:

What do you have now? 512?
Another 512 stick isent that expensive and you´ll gonna need it for most games(big fps) coming this year.

Actually I pawned out my good video card and put in a less decent one. Gaming isn't a high priority right now.

SuicideKings
SuicideKings
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 08:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The models looks really good in this game, I hope my 9800 can handle it.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

betcha it's gonna be hacked down a bit before release.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 09:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant wait.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

uhm...those are old screenies...new would be like...today...maybe yesterday...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.