Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        The Engines of Creation mappack

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: The Engines of Creation mappack

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-01-2020 05:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some (or all) of you may have noticed, but I release all of my maps under the "Engines of Creation" flag.
The Engines of Creation is this creative outlet me, my brother r3tina and our good friend SithLord started up 20 years ago to just release our game related content onto the world. It all started with r3tina's "Eagle's Temple" map, quickly followed by my own Q3 remake of the Quake II "McKinley Revival" map, called McKinley's Vengeance and SithLord's Stronghold Opposition remake. Since then, over 25 maps have been released, most of them available as stand-alone downloads at our website.

I've collected all of the Quake III Arena maps we've made (those that don't require a mod to play) and bundled them into this Engines of Creation mappack, which consists of 14 maps, 5 custom player skins/bots (specifically made for this mappack) and five single player tiers complete with custom intro cinematics. The single player portion was made on top of the q3spenhanced mod, which allows single player tiers with FFA as well as TDM, CTF and 1v1 maps. The maps themselves can also be played in vanilla Quake 3 or any mod of your choosing.

The list of maps contained within this mappack:

Eagle's Temple (rjldm1) by r3tina
Renaissance (rjldm2) by r3tina
State Prison 36 (rjldm3) by r3tina
A Brush Too Far (rjlctf1) by r3tina
Concrete Void (rjlctf2) by r3tina
Concrete Void Redux (rjlctf2b) by r3tina
Celestial Mechanics (ermap2) by Eraser
Rusty Browns (ermap3) by Eraser
House of Dissent (ermap4) by Eraser
Bones' Basement (ermap5) by Eraser
House of Dissent CTF (ermap4ctf) by Eraser
McKinley's Vengeance (q3mckinley) by Eraser
The Engines of Creation (eocintro) by Eraser
Stronghold Opposition (q3strongholdv2) by SithLord

> DOWNLOAD THE MAPPACK HERE <

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-23-2020 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A true Satch fan, you are :smirk:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-23-2020 10:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh yessir, I am a great admirer of his work and have seen him play live on a couple of occasions.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 01-19-2021 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've suddenly been playing your mod here quite a bit lately. It's a lot of fun! I've been using the Quake Live mappack that was ported over to Q3A sometime back on it. It would be cool if it had a screen on it that showed even more like Quake Live has, down to percentages even...how many wins/loses..how many matches played, favorite weapon, the whole list of other things, etc. I don't even know if that's possible to hold all of that info in a q3config. I remember CPMA having something like that, but it printed it out on an html document or whatever, rather than an in-game screen. I do not think that anyone has ever made a mod that had that in it.

This mod is cool though, Eraser. Thanks for making it! I downloaded it when you first put it on here, but it just kind of sat there for a while untouched. Tig just added a new mod download section to ..::LvL, and I just got the latest version of Edawn from there..so I've been setting up a new Q3 installation for 4K..and this is the first mod I added into it!

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 03-29-2023 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there a way to play a CTF map with g_gametype "4" enabled by using the \spmap command in the console for this mod?

Rather than having to edit the scripts/arenas.txt and put it within a .pk3 file for a random custom map to pop up for gameplay, it would be cool if there was a way to just use the console with a command setup to play any map using the .arena which is within whatever map you are playing.

Like for example...

\spmapffa 13hell
\spmap1v1 cpm3b_b1
\spmaptdm ospdm6
\spmapctf q3strongholdv2

Then you could load any map into the eocmappack folder and play it from the console, and it would add your rewards after the map is completed and such.

I've been playing this mod quite a bit using CTF maps, but I'm having to make a bunch of pk3's to do it. I just thought that it would be cool if you could change the gametype through the console and just play straight from whatever map's arenafile. Minded that some maps have .arena files that suck...but yeah. I thought that I'd ask!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.