Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        [BETA] 13excave "Excavated"

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [BETA] 13excave "Excavated"

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-08-2023 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Excavated

Extended version of "Eviscerated" from Quake Live, based on my CTF version of q3dm4. So tecnically it's not a rip from QL, but I borrowed a lot of stuff. :D

The last 2 pictures showing an already slightly newer version. I changed the bend stairs near the YA to make the room a little bit more interesting and the back wall less bland.

Download Q3A version Beta1 (2.2 MB)
PK3: map-13excave_b1.pk3
ZIP: map-13excave_b1.zip

QL version here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2975881005

Have fun testing... sst13

Last edited by sst13 on 05-15-2023 06:49 AM, edited 2 times in total.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 05-12-2023 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like this! I like a lightning gun on q3dm4 most definitely! Thanks for still putting maps out as well, sst13!!

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 05-23-2023 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks greast. Love how timeless the more classic q3 feel is.
Do you ever release the .map files for your project? I'm curous how you're lighting your maps. It's very clean :)

I started adding the .map file to all my pk3s very early on, because it's nice for anyone who's curious + as a bonus you're basically making backups should you ever lose the original. :D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-26-2023 02:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Final Release!

Download Q3A version (4MB)
PK3: map-13excave.pk3
ZIP: map-13excave.zip

QL version here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2992780595

Have fun!

@Fjoggs: No, I'm not really releasing the map files. I hope this keeps the "noobs" from fiddling around with my maps and uploading stuff that's probably causng shader conflicts with my original maps. :rolleyes:

Most of the time I compile with "-fast -filter -dirty -patchshadows"
Then I also use a lot of point lights for fine tuning the different areas. So, no magic here. Just a lot of testing and tuning. :D

But if you want to take a look inside, I uploaded the mapfile for you here: https://sst13.de/dev/

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 07-27-2023 08:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm so happy to see all these maps coming out lately. Thanks for continuing on like you do, sst13. I've sunk so much money into systems to run current games, and I find myself just wanting to play Quake 3 instead lately. The world seems messed up right now, and this game is the only thing that keeps me sane! I love this map, dude.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-27-2023 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Should join us on duffy's server for some games vile! Quake3 is timeless man.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-27-2023 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PS - Thanks for the map sst13! Yoink!

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-27-2023 02:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice release, thanks sst!

This is now running on duffs Devotion Unlagged server. \connect nuegados.com

As are all your other releases >:D

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 08-02-2023 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:

@Fjoggs: No, I'm not really releasing the map files. I hope this keeps the "noobs" from fiddling around with my maps and uploading stuff that's probably causng shader conflicts with my original maps. :rolleyes:

Most of the time I compile with "-fast -filter -dirty -patchshadows"
Then I also use a lot of point lights for fine tuning the different areas. So, no magic here. Just a lot of testing and tuning. :D

But if you want to take a look inside, I uploaded the mapfile for you here: https://sst13.de/dev/

Much love for sharing it <3

People can use your shaders and textures regardless of you including the .map file or not, so you're not really accomplishing anything there. Most people use others textures/shaders without realising it, since they just show up in radiant if they're using the same q3 install for mapping and playing.
But if you don't want to include them, then that's of course entirely up to you :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.