Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        DEVOCTF1 - Forgotten CTF

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: DEVOCTF1 - Forgotten CTF

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 05-29-2023 01:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a conversion of Q3DM5 for small (4-8 players) CTF matches. It was made for DevotionQ3 but the level is 100% compatible with the vanilla game as well.

LvLWorld Review & Download

If you like the level, check out the mod too! It implements full de-lag for all weapons in the game, enabling very competitive, smooth gameplay with people on the other side of the world. Raw is running a server (play.ur-face.com) and so is Duff (q3w.monroec.com). Set cl_autodownload 1 and the mod will install itself when you connect to either server. We've been playing games between NZ and USA at 120-280 ping and everything runs smooth as silk.

PS there is a multi-step secret to be discovered in this level. The billboard will let you know when you've completed it.

Attachments:
devoctf1800x600.jpg
devoctf1800x600.jpg [ 57.63 KB | Viewed 71 times ]
devoctf1shot041280x960.jpg
devoctf1shot041280x960.jpg [ 126.15 KB | Viewed 72 times ]
devoctf1shot021280x960.jpg
devoctf1shot021280x960.jpg [ 122.53 KB | Viewed 79 times ]

Last edited by Foo on 08-13-2023 09:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-29-2023 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Foo, nice work. I will check out and get back of those servers soon :) as it has been a while.
I am really interested to discover that multi-step secret.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 06-01-2023 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've actually been playing the hell out of this map offline using Eraser's mod, since you originally put it out. I love it! It's such a good layout, along with having an LG on Forgotten is great!

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 06-21-2023 02:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
I've actually been playing the hell out of this map offline using Eraser's mod, since you originally put it out. I love it! It's such a good layout, along with having an LG on Forgotten is great!

Nice. Are you on the Q3W Discord? We've been finding enough players some evenings (~US Central Time) to get unlagged 2v2 ctf matches going. You would be very welcome to join :D

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 06-26-2023 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
Nice. Are you on the Q3W Discord?

I had a Discord account in like 2014 back when I was playing Quake Live quite a bit. I can't even remember the password. I haven't had home internet for the last five years since I moved into downtown Minneapolis. My online Quake days ended a long time ago. I have it on my laptop though, and I play daily still. I'm usually pretty happy with bots. I've put so much work into editing my Q3 to be what I want it to be, that I do not even think online gameplay would be playable...ha!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-15-2023 07:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a savage :olo:

It's a great little map although I tend to bash my head on the walkways whilst straffling and it slows me down. Otherwise very fun and frantic :D

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-20-2023 07:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
Foo wrote:
Nice. Are you on the Q3W Discord?

I had a Discord account in like 2014 back when I was playing Quake Live quite a bit. I can't even remember the password. I haven't had home internet for the last five years since I moved into downtown Minneapolis. My online Quake days ended a long time ago. I have it on my laptop though, and I play daily still. I'm usually pretty happy with bots. I've put so much work into editing my Q3 to be what I want it to be, that I do not even think online gameplay would be playable...ha!

Exactly, now every server is a different game, sometimes I prefer to play with my brother with bots, they set different bots in different teams

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 08-05-2023 09:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got a lil 2v2 going on this the other day.

Swift and Deadly
Swift and Deadly
PostPosted: 08-13-2023 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

definately a different twist to an old classic ffa map. I ran around on it through lvl's 'preview'. Obivously doing it that way isn't *exactly* the same as when playing it locally, but it does allow one to try and find the 'secret' lol.
Btw, the devo link leads me no-where so not sure what is up with that, I was curious to see what that mod was about.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 08-13-2023 09:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

roughrider wrote:
definately a different twist to an old classic ffa map. I ran around on it through lvl's 'preview'. Obivously doing it that way isn't *exactly* the same as when playing it locally, but it does allow one to try and find the 'secret' lol.
Btw, the devo link leads me no-where so not sure what is up with that, I was curious to see what that mod was about.

Thanks RR! Updated the link in the first post, correct URL is: https://github.com/alcachofass/devotion
Alternatively, just fire up Quake3e or IOQuake3, do \cl_allowdownload 1, then \connect nuegados.com. The mod will auto download and run, and you'll be on a Devo server.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.