Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Q3Ase Problem

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q3Ase Problem

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey All,

New here, mostly hang out at Map center.

I have a problem with Q3Ase.

I downloaded and installed Q3Ase. When I first did this, it worked perfectly... I followed the tute, installed it where it was suggested, and it worked great.

Then, I had to reformat to get rid of spyware... when I had finally rebuilt the system, installed Quake3, GTk etc..

Finally I went to install Q3Ase. I put it exactly where I put it the first time, in the extras folder, I even tried its own folder, Q3 folder, Baseq3 folder. It ran and gave me the dialog asking to put it into 32 bit mode. I've answered yes and no to this, either way, I get the same thing. The program flashes on the screen, and refuses to load.

I've updated my vid drivers, I've reinstalled Quake3, and GTK and Q3maptoolz, all my Quake 3 files were backed up before the format so they are all still the same.

I'm at a loss to understand why it won't run. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to find a fix?

I emailed the author, and he doesnt know whats causing it either.

Venus

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bet you're running an ATI card right..!

I could be related to DirectX perhaps, what version have you got?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Kat,

No, I have a Nvidia GForce2 MX400 card with 64 Mb, with latest drivers.

When I saw what you said about Direct X I was hopeful, cause I hadn't installed it since reformat. But I just did, latest vers, and no, it still won't work.. sigh :(

Has ANYONE encounted this????

Venus

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.