Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Mapping Competition, Make a 2v2 map (for CPMA)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Mapping Competition, Make a 2v2 map (for CPMA)

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Copy/Paste from CPM Mapping Forum
Swelt wrote:
Competition Overview

Make a new map, optimised to suit the 2v2 mode included in the latest CPMA version. The prize will be inclusion in the next CPM map pack.

Maps will be judged on:
# Gameplay (70%) - measured by playing and spectating (must be fun and competitive to play, entertaining to watch)
# Technical (15%) - measured against fast performance, good use of location names, etc.
# Visuals (15%) - measured by judges discretion (must be clear in both vertex0/picmip1 and vertex1/picmip5 configs, visuals should aid navigation)

Rules and Guidelines
# Maps must be submitted by April 5th 2005
# Maps will be judged by a panel of judges (led by swelt, others TBA, who will not be entering themselves) and with feedback from a panel of players (also TBA). The results of the competition are expected to be published on Promode.org within 2 weeks of the competition close (subject to change resulting from the number of completed entries).
# Maps must be fully compiled (ideally with bot support) and including a readme.txt with credits for all custom assets and contributors
# Maps must use entirely custom textures
# By submitting the map into the competition, the author consents to having the map included in a subsequent CPM map pack.
# Map authors may submit more than one entry
# Map authors may colaborate in any way required, provided all contributors are clearly creditted.
# The map author must state if the map has been worked on prior to the announcement of the competition. Such maps will be measured against slightly higher standards, corresponding to the length of time in production.
# Remakes or revisions of existing maps may be submitted on condition that the original map is clearly stated. However, such maps are unlikely to judged highly.
# These rules are subject to change and clarification at the sole discretion of swelt.

More info and some tips about making good 2on2 maps can be found on CPM Mapping Forum

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2on2!!! i'm in :D

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

redq3dm5 will be for this. :)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is going to be a wicked contest.

Beggar@Q3W
Beggar@Q3W
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 10:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know much about CPMA but this seems like an exciting competition. :icon28:
I'm in, please.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^^

Make sure you register on the CPMA forums and post there that you are in :p

Beggar@Q3W
Beggar@Q3W
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 10:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Registration does not work...
error message
Retried 3 times.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i signed up for this.. hopefullly the 3rd map i design with cpm in mind will be more successul than the previous two :)

GL all!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xfoo: if you decide to cross post a contest to another forum ( and this crosspost was asked for by swelt) imo people should be able to tell you about their will to parcipate there and neednt register another forum to do so...

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*shrug*

I'd suggest registering on the CPMA forums simply to put your beta's there for feedback. The cpma forums are the best forums for gameplay related feedback, period.

And i'm not running the contest, so i'm not sure if swelt is checking multiple forums for people who are registering. I was simply offering good advice to ensure that a mapper is registered.

Beggar@Q3W
Beggar@Q3W
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 05:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@megaman
How nice!

edit:
Hey, folks.
My account seemed to be activated.
Nothing was done since the last 3 retries.
Strange...

For those who will try to register from now, there seems to be no problem even if you get an error message something like that linked above, not 100% sure though. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.