Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        so who's made any CTF maps lately for Quake ]|[ Arena?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe is the only one that comes to mind for me...check his site.

http://www.planetquake.com/kaziganthe/

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 02:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Riddla, I've gotten q2 now so if you need to get to q2 --> q3 I could see if I can do one of them.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Weellll......I did make a CTF map last summer which was my first map ever...and now that I look back on it, it's quite ugly...but I still think it has pretty decent gameplay. Though I'm probably just biased. A grapple mod would be pretty interesting though since both flags are within sight of eachother (not sure how far grapples go...)

Decide for yourself I guess: http://www.planetquake.com/lvl/mapper.asp?art=W01f

Edit: Oh yeah, skin made a couple recently too..go check some topics by him over at mapcenter.com.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, skin owns, sadly his account isnt working yet.

Swift and Deadly
Swift and Deadly
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You could grab my last ctf map from my site.
http://www.roughrider-maps.net/maps.php
rrctf2
Some visual discrepencies, otherwise, is good to go.
I am working on a rebuild of that one. It is basicaly the same except I am adding in a few routes, adding some new textures and removing the visual 'problems'.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started to work on one some time ago, but I´m not yet finished.
Does it look familiar?
http://www.nagelpistole.derscherge.dynd ... mckin2.jpg

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 04:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^Are those quake2 textures I see? I'm not sure if the same rules apply for two games made by the same company...but I don't think you're "allowed" to do that. Unless of course you re-created them yourself.

P.s. McKinleys revival is my favorite CTF map of all time :D Back when I first got into Q3 mapping, my first project was going to be a remake of it. That never got off the ground though after I built half the level and realized the scale was way too small.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 04:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Of course those aren´t original Q2 textures... they would look crap anyways in Q3 because they only have half the resolution of a standard Q3 texture. No, the crate textures are from the Q2 retexturing project, one red trim texture you see is made by msyelf and the other stuff is a mix of standard Q3 base etxtures and a few custom textures (Evil Lair and Lunaran).

The layout won´t be an exact remake of McKinley Base, it´s more like a continuation of the McKinley series :) There are 3 routes between bases now, for example.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.