Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        cm_inlinemodel: bad number

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: cm_inlinemodel: bad number

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK, not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm very new to mapping and have very limited knowledge. So far my map loads OK, but for some reason, since my last changes, the map won't load and I get a cm_inlinemodel error. I've tried deleting all my changes and the message is still showing. I've tried googling to see if there were any useful tips but alas, nothing.

Any ideas....??

Total brushes: 7261
Total entities: 72

func_door : 9
func_group: 26
info-player_deathmatch: 1
lights: 36

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

have you checked the origin brushes on all the func_doors, or looked for origin brushes (anything textured with 'origin') sitting around where they shouldn't be?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea. I checked and at the moment there are no origin textures. I deleted the doors and still have the problem.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Map-center via google ;)
ERROR: CM_InlineModel: bad number

Definition: This error is generally caused by having more than 512 brush model entities in a map. The Jedi Academy brush model entity limit is 512. The error can also be caused if there is an origin brush that is not attached to a brush model entity.

Brush Model Entity: This is any set of brushes that has been turned into an entity complex in a level. Examples of this are Func_statics being used as elevators/platforms, Func_rotations, Func_breakables, Func_walls etc etc etc. These entity complexes have to have an origin brush associated with them.

Fixes:

1. If you have more than 512 brush model entities then you just need to lower the number somewhere below 512.

2. If you have a brush with the origin texture applied to it that is not assciated with a brush model entity of some sort then it needs to be deleted or associated with a brush model entity.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think they're refering to 512 entities. I was compiling with 6000+ brushes with no problem. It seems to be an entity/lighting issue. Either that or some sort of corruption that's stuck with the file.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think I've resolved it.
Saving it as a new file I did a fastbsp with no light and then a seperate light process. I still don't understand what was wrong, but I guess I'll figure that out someday.

Thanks all for your ideas.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.