Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Anyone here working on or planning HL2 maps?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anyone here working on or planning HL2 maps?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've noticed a few people are working on D3-related stuff, but not much HL2 action going on here. Anyone got anything planned in that area? You can map for HL2 in Radiant, you know. :icon31:

I've been getting to grips with Hammer. It's nowhere near as easy to use as Radiant, but there a lot of necessary things Radiant can't do, such as displacements and working with entities more advanced than info_player_start. VRAD is slow as hell compiling lightmaps too, compared with q3map2.

Oh yeah, off-topic in my own thread but - I mentioned to someone I'd upload an unfinished (but quite advanced) CoDSP map I was working on. I'll try to remember to do that tonight and post a link in this thread.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HL2 is evil! >.<

PS: (i haven't played it yet :o )

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I made a hl2dm map for valves contest.. ( http://www.snarkpit.com/maps.php?map=1540 ) but haven't touched hl2 mapping since the end of december. If CTF ends up being good, I'll proably map for it..and I someday hope to finish a nice epic singleplayer map for it as well. But for now I'm sticking with doom/quake.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 04:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

check out czgs map what ever its called again...

PostPosted: 03-05-2005 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've seriously been thinking about starting. I've been working on some D3 stuff too.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK, here's that Call of Duty map I gave up on (reason: the lousy, overcomplicated scripting in that game. I mean, external scripting just for a static, looped sound? WTF?):

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~stevenchapman/mebort.zip

And here's a tempting screenshot :icon25:

What you get is: a 3/4 completed map, with models, some weapons here and there (including a couple of MG42s), background sound like in the game. The files should go in the exact same folders as in the zip file under c:/.../Call of Duty/main/...

Running through it again has inspired me to learn Softimage and maybe make some leafy trees for HL2 because it has none. Those CoD trees look great.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.