Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        [Hot Place] Beta 2vs2/1vs1

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [Hot Place] Beta 2vs2/1vs1

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm working these days on a map, thats very old, but has its revival now :D !
If you recognize Hot place betas, posted over 2 years before, you'll find it hard to discover things in common.
It's a whole new layout from scratch, with some visual bases of the old one.
The beta is fully playable, with TDM-support (location names, quad), or duel itemlayout.
I´m thinking about the connectivity, it's very rare now, very uncomplicated, bit too underconnected in my opinion.
But I want first of all here your opinion. There is not much space for 2on2 but I dunno where to expand the map for now.

[Duel] It holds: 2RL, RG, LG, PG, SG
RA, YA, MH, GA

[TDM] It holds: 2RL, LG, PG, SG
RA, YA, MH, GA

I had a few changes since last beta, but I posted it only on the challenge promode forums, so check it out and give me some suggestions/thoughts.

And here the Downloads location: pukka3dm1 ~ 7 MB :icon28:

Thanks in advance
sumatra

P.S. Would be also nice if some serveradmin could uipload it on a oublicserver, it's already on sweltopolis :) thx to swelt

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whoa... i remember having tested the first beta about 1.5 years ago :>

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon25: :icon31: :icon25:

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Snagged it, will play it later, prolly on that server that is running it. I simply love servers that run custom maps. :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@dzjepp: nice to hear, I'm interested in your thoughts.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 09:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have this beta! SO old!!!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
I have this beta! SO old!!!

yeah, try to compare the one you have with the new one.
And then tell me the things in common, you have found! :p

sumatra

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like this map!

problem: the plat sounds were not included in the pk3.

Out by the RA where you can fall to death, you need the nodrop brush that prevents objects from landing down there. (eg: I died down there with the RL and the RL stays there...)

Still want it up on a server? CPM, or vanilla?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
I like this map!

Glad you like it !! :icon31: :icon31: :icon31:

Hex wrote:
Still want it up on a server? CPM, or vanilla?

Yeah, would be great if there would be a second server with the map, cpm would be nice. Thanks in advance.
Dunno if it works with vanilla, what do you think?

The platsounds will be fixed, as also the nodrop-issue.

BTW: I've recorded a demo on the weekend, had a small LAN with some friends of mine, nothing special.
But perhaps it helps you judging the gameplayissues better!
It's a CPM-demo, and you can find it here.

Have Fun
sumatra

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 07:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nother thought - you can fall down through the grate right in front of the RA, not sure if that was intended or not..

I put pukka3dm1 up at q3.mhgaming.com:27961 CPMA

Default is FFA, tdm should be votable... only this map, no rotation ATM.

Cheers!

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 09:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely clip/shrink the hole in front of the RA. I was kind of disappointed at the clippage in that area as well--how about leaving the rock and the ledge on the sides of the RA unclipped? Inviso-walls make Baby Jesus cry. (I would, however, clip off the beams underneath. It sucks to fall down there and be sitting on one of them with no way of getting back up...

I really like the lighting on this map; you've managed to do a really nice job of getting that tricky shadowy-but-not-too-dark thing going on!

I didn't check triscount/framerate, but would it be possible to get some detailing on some of the big flat walls? Also there seems to be an identically-shaped rock in the bottom of every one of those little wall-alcoves...

Finally, you might want to extend the water brush back a little farther from the RG--right now there's an airspace that makes for a nice evil camp spot. :)

Cool map.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-09-2005 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Hex: Thanks again for the server, hope some people play the map and record a demo or two.
I've lost my Cd-Key for Q3 :icon23: and its still difficult to get it here in Germany. So for me only servers without cdkey-condtion are interesting to play. It's a pity.
I' ll clip the small slot @RA, haven't noticed yet :)

@pjw: Nice to hear some comments of an editosaurus like you, pjw :p !
Also glad you like the map, will fix the problems you have mentioned.
The beams underneath RA wont be clipped, in cpma you have the possibility to camp for quad/RA and doublejump off the beam upwards :icon31: !!

Refered to the visual/structural upgrades, theres much to do, to achieve what i had in mind :icon25: !

sumatra

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-09-2005 05:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sumatra wrote:
The beams underneath RA wont be clipped, in cpma you have the possibility to camp for quad/RA and doublejump off the beam upwards :icon31: !!

Ah. Should have thought of that. Fair enough. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.