Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Getting R_LoadMD3 error on a new model

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Getting R_LoadMD3 error on a new model

It starts. I win. The end!
PostPosted: 03-12-2005 06:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, I have done this before and it worked, but this time there is some kind of problem. Perhaps because I am doing something this time that I did or did not do last time.

I took all of the Razor bots files and copied them to a new folder named for my new bot. I deleted all of the ID and Patriot related .skin and .tga files.
Then I went into Photoshop and made some artwork changes to the razor related .tga files and then renamed them for a new bot/player model.
I went into the .md3 and .skin files renamed them properly for my new bot and everywhere it said "razor" inside the files I changed it to the name of my new bot and made it point to the proper renamed .tga files.
I made a new sound folder for my new bot and put the sound files I wanted in there and named them properly and put it in the sounsds/players folder.
Then I created new bot t, c, w and i files for the new bot and placed them in the proper folder.

Now I tried this one before and rember haveing to work out a few bugs but when I was finished it worked perfectly. I had a new independant working bot/player model.

Well this time it will display the icons in the model selection and it will display the name of my new bot and weather it is the default, blue or red version above and below where the model should be displayed but there is no model being displayed and if I go ahead and choose my new bot as my model and start a game I am sarge.

The error in the consol when I am trying to choose my bot says:

R_LoadMD3: models/players/botname/lower.md3 has wrong version(538976271 should be 15)
Failed to load model file models/players/botname/lower.md3

I rechecked the lower.md3 and wondered if I changed something other than what I ment to when I was chanceing the names from razor to my bot's name.
So I recopied razor's lower.md3 and this time was carefull to not change or disturbe anything but the names.

Repacked it into my pak0.pk3 and got the same error.

It worked before and I was useing razor as the starting model that time too.

What's wrong this time? Any ideas or help from people who have tried the same thing and got it to work as well would be a big help.

Thanks!

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-12-2005 07:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enemy Territory | R_LoadMD3:models/players/hud/head.md3 has more than 1025 verts on a surface...

That's all I could find via google with the time I have right now, but IIRC in Quake 3 Arena you can not have over 1000 verts. Could be wrong but I believe that is correct.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-12-2005 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First off, if all you're changing are the bot files, then you don't need to mess with any MD3 models. And you don't need to pack them into a pk3 file to test. That's the last step, when you're ready for distribution.

PostPosted: 03-12-2005 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. It worked. I just copied and pasted razor's .md3 over to my new bots folder and then made the needed changes to the .skin and .tga files added the new bot to the scripts/bots list but now I am haveing a problem with a error that says that my new bot cant be loaded because of a problem with finding the c.c file.

I'll figure it out eventually. I did it once I can do it again!

Hey, by the way ydnar, I didn't know you were a big Dead Like Me fan. I am too I just found out today that they canceled it. I am sooooooooooooooooo pissed! What a bunch of tards!

I signed an online patition to bring the show back. I'll send you a link to it if you would like.

Later.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Huh? Dead like me? What's that?

PostPosted: 03-14-2005 08:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ydnar wrote:
Huh? Dead like me? What's that?

:lol:

Here at the bottom of the page, second post from the bottom....

http://www.deadlikeme.tv/DLM_msg.php?topicid=1158

Like I said there. It's the only series I have enjoyed in years!
An then they go and cancel it :icon23: !

Oh well. I have too much modding to do to be watching TV shows anyway...heh.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.