Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Fjo3tourney1 - ECP - Beta 2

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Fjo3tourney1 - ECP - Beta 2

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-12-2005 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[x-post from (insert 1 of 5 forums)
Ugh, took some time to get this shit into the next beta. Something like 5 months :P
Don't worry though, I did not work on it that much. xD

Naughty list:
-It might be quite dark for some, as I can't honestly remember how my monitor is compared to others.
-The stupid flags didn't lit properly, and I couldn't arse myself to do the compile one more time.
-The rocket isn't "huge ass" like I said, and it's quite square. But you can't get it all now can you. :P
-Something funky happens every now and then at the plat near RL/YA, where you hit an invisible brush. Gonna look into it for the next beta.
-Bad r_speeds. Max 20k, tried my best to lower it but couldn't get it any better.
-Haven't optmized it for bots yet. Do that in beta3

Now for the shots:

Download link:
Fjo3tourney1.zip

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-12-2005 07:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice. Beautiful map..doesn't look like quake 2 at all..it looks way better :D
Bots played pretty well...especially considering you haven't optimised them yet.

and on to the bugs:

http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/fj1.jpg
I was able to RJ up here. Not only could I see other rooms, but if I went high enough it would actually shut the map off with some weird error that I can't remember.

http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/fj2.jpg
Self explanatory

http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/fj3.jpg
Dont know if you did this on purpose, but you could clip right thru those brown grate things.

http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/fj4.jpg
If you stick to the left wall while trying to run up there stairs, you get stuck.

http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/fj5.jpg
The top circle is a z-fighting light. The left and right circles point out two things: 1- z-fighting (small and unnoticable, but still there). 2 - you get stuck if you stick to the wall while going up them.

http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/fj6.jpg
Kept getting stuck on this lift. If you go all the way to the back so you're sliding up the wall, you'll hit something and get stuck.

Also I don't have a pic, but on one of the other lifts (that leads to the RA I believe), if you got on its far right side, it didn't go up. This only happened on one side and only if you were pressed up on the left side.

Awesome map though..I love it :icon31:

Last edited by Wo1f on 03-12-2005 11:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 05:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedy wolf and kaz. I've fixed all the bugs you pointed out, and I'm working on the clipping now.
Gonna try to come up with something for the legde.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this map is shit, scrap it and start over.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

love you too :p

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
- had the urge to explore the blocked off area near the 50+ :P

yeah :icon31:

Kaziganthe wrote:
- seemingly useless ledge in middle room

LOS blocking? if so - is it needed?

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe spruce that ledge up a little, make it go all the way to the roof or extend the platform above it to make a more interesting shape and make a roof out of it.

Are we talking about the same ledge?

I would love to get some games in on this map. If you get it on a server you should let us know.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice to see this one again, Fjoggs :).

I couldn't resist to fiddle with the items a bit, because I think the area with the MH is very powerful (MH, LG, RG - YA and RL nearby) while the area with the RA is a bit weak (RA, RL, [GL]) and I don't like the 3 weapons in a row in the long corridor ;). Maybe you want to give this item placement (for use with d!ablo's editor or cpm) a try and tell me what you think.

...oh and before I forget, you have to turn your flags, the writing on the flags is mirrored :D:
[lvlshot]http://www.todt.die-hofstaetters.de/feedback/fjo3tourney1/fjo3tourney1_1.jpg[/lvlshot]

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ops, that's what you get for being lazy and use FIT :p
I'll check out the item placement right now.

Thanks!

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, i was waiting for this map and waiting and... :]. Looks so great.

Check the clip here:

Cuz you can fall down here:
Here's also caulk on rocks.

And z-fighting here:

Little shame map is based on yellow / orange only textures and lighting. Maybe add something different, "rock room" in one more place, or something else, cuz now map looks same all the time. Sometimes you can ask yourself "where am i?" ;P.
Overall very nice layout. I like brushwork :].

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 05:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i remember this one - great brushwork!

Plays nice too.. :)

My only issue atm is the clipping, which has been mentioned before. I get caught up like.. everywhere :D

More later maybe..
Sweet map tho, could be really fun for 1v1.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 12:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sweet map. It's got that Quake 2 feeling, only it looks a lot better. I like the lighting, colors, and the brushwork is great! Biggest problem I found after a quick run seems to be the clipping, like the others said. And the mysterious ledge that goes nowhere, like Kaz said, although I found that area really cool otherwise. :)

Nice! :icon14:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice feedback, appreciate it. :)
The map is now optimized for both bots and players quite extensive. Hope I didn't overdo it. :p

Interesting item placement Todt.
I've taken a few ideas from it and given it my personal twist. The LG placement was very wise. Thanks!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 09:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm glad you like it (most of it was your work of course ;)). I hope we'll see beta 3 soon.

Swift and Deadly
Swift and Deadly
PostPosted: 03-21-2005 04:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Fjoggs, check your PM's on here dude.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-21-2005 10:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he's on vacation, he's back on thursday.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.