Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        q3brk2 - alpha - yum

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: q3brk2 - alpha - yum

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was going to make another FFA, but this might workout for a tourney, though I'm going to have to learn a tad more on item weapon placement.

[lvlshot]http://www.geocities.com/hi2uten4/q3brk2.jpg[/lvlshot]

454kb

btw, I couldn't get this to show up in the skirmish menu...not sure why? If you guys see the problem let me know. :paranoid:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menu:

put a mapname.arena file into your pk3 -> /scripts folder:

Code:
{
    map "mapname"
    bots "bot1 bot2 ..."
    longname "Some fancy name"
    fraglimit 10
    timelimit 18 capturelimit 8
    type "single ffa tourney ctf"
}

[edit] nm - you obviously allready know hot to do this as your last maps had done it right. :)

the layout looks way better btw :icon14:
i'll give some comments this evening.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Code:
{
   map      "q3brk2"
   bots      "ranger"
   longname   "WWWOOo"
   fraglimit   20
   type      "tourney"
}

That's what I got, could I leak or something cause this. (AFAIK there is no leak...this has happend before but I can't recall what fixed it.)

edit: AHHHH do I Have to have a timelimit?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At first a shot of my thoughts:

Now the explanation :]

- First of all IMO the RA should be in a dangerous position, so move to the lowest floor perhaps.
    - Then I would move the JP that pushes to the highest floor, like in the picture into the wall.
    - RL up there.
    - MH could replace the 50-ball, not a must, no idea if it works.
    - The Shaft-tele is nice placed, perhaps some water down there, so you can here when someone wants to use the tele.
    - In the end the are near YA seems unfinished, needs some more room interesting stuff.
    - I also dont like the JP with the halfring around, perhaps some stairs would work better here( on the pic near SG

I think it could work for a tourney, I'm interested what others think.

sumatra

EDIT {
map "q3brk2"
bots "ranger"
longname "WWWOOo"
fraglimit "20"
type "tourney"
}

look at the red :icon25:

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sumatra - been playing around with what you suggested, flows much better...still trying to figure out what to do in the YA area. When I took out the "HalfRing" JP deal, I did the same thing on the lower platform you suggested to do on tier 2. (Seemed like a dead end once you hit the bottom...only one way up)...

Anyway, thanks for the tips...and maybe I can put the damn quotes in next time around. :icon32:

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Few updated screens of the main room.

Guess I'm going to go with Evil Lair's Quake 2 Textures set.
Changed a few routes around but mostly been doing work on lighting, textures, and weapon/item placement.

Changes from last release
* moved RA to lower area.
* placed a JP on first and second floor for easy access to the higher area.
* moved RL from third floor to second floor.
* removed the halfring thing above the lower JP.

Some more to do, but it's still in the works.

[lvlshot]http://members.cox.net/borke/screenshots/beta1-2.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://members.cox.net/borke/screenshots/beta1-3.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://members.cox.net/borke/screenshots/beta1-5.jpg[/lvlshot]

[edit]1st beta should be out soon, though school starts back up next week. :tear:

Last edited by bork[e] on 03-22-2005 05:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the layout is quite nice. quite fun :)

-i think you should add some LOS blocking stuff to the long, open walkway next to the plat where the rl was in the alpha you posted (ya area)

- sumatra's suggestion of adding a megahealth is a good idea i think; might be to close to the ra though if there is a jumpad next to the ra.

- the lg room could be a bit more open; maybe add a drop to the left side just before the wall - coming from ra room?

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-20-2005 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was wondering when you where gonna give it a run. ;)

I'm not really unerstanding exaclty where you are talking about though, I've played around with it a bit...but could you give me a better clue on where you think would work best?

You talking about open the whole area down there to connect the two...or just a small hallway or what?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.