Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        invertedpenguin - by Fjoggs and voodoochopstiks

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: invertedpenguin - by Fjoggs and voodoochopstiks

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Decided to give this bastard its own thread, been showing it in the screenshots thread a little. It's a 2vs2 map for CPMA.

http://www.chimpans.se/map_invertedpenguin.pk3 <- a beta is availible here, still a WIP of course.

http://www.chimpans.se/ip/ <- some semi-old screenshots are viewable here

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dark! D:

EDIT: Also, try to guess who created which areas. Could be interesting. :p

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1.jpg (V)
2.jpg (F)
3.jpg (F)
4.jpg (V)
5.jpg (F)
6.jpg (F)
7.jpg (F)
8.jpg (V)
9.jpg (V)
10.jpg (V)
11.jpg (F)
12.jpg (F)

:icon19: I've seen more of Fjoggs work than voodoo, so anything that looked close to Fjoggs (imo) I just guessed it was him doing it.

Kick ass btw, looks very nice!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very impressive! Great looking map, good flow, good layout, good dimensions. Most of my issues with the map were technical or visual. However there were some gameplay issues as well.

First, there is way too much health on this map. In almost every corner there is either a 5 or a 25 health.. 3 or 4 in one room sometimes. You need to keep the players moving and working to get the health :) Also, I wouldnt put any health near the dropdown for the mega or right outside the mega room.. but thats just personal preference.

The door in the room above the mega area isnt recognizable as a door.. looks like a wall. Maybe you could add some detail to make it look more like a door. There is also exposed caulk which can be seen when the door is open.

Did you mean to put a trigger hurt in the liquid behind the RA? If you dont want that liquid to hurt you, maybe you should make it a different texture than the other liquid which does hurt you to avoid confusion.

There is one spawn that is too close to the edge of a ledge. Upon spawning, ones natural instinct is to run forward, especially in an intense game.. and its frustrating to spawn in such a position that your almost guaranteed to fall off a ledge. Heres the spawn:

The PG needs its own area imo - at least a platform or something for it to sit. It looks like its balancing precariously on the stairs.

Its a little dark too :)

I found a few z-fighting issues, misaligned textures, and visible caulk.. I can post screenies if you like, but since its a pretty early beta, I dont know if you want that kind of feedback yet.. Let me know if you do and ill post some screens!

Great looking map though, it looks like the perfect size for 2v2, and it flow quite well..

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh yeah, missing tex:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i noticed some some strange visuals next to one of the rocketlaunchers at the wall seperating the walkway from the ra room.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is a mid-beta tbh, so any bugs would be nice if you posted, z-fighting, misaligned textures and visible caulk are lovely to see pointed out. I'll fix what was pointed out.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gotcha..

here we go:

visible caulk

z fighting

visible seam

visible seam

Clip the walls maybe?

Technically not a misalignment, but it just looks really odd..

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks, btw, the blood is supposed to damage you.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the walls up there will be kept unclipped. They are not a nuisance imo, and they may be used for some 1337 trick :D

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-17-2005 08:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

omg, this has no flow whatsoever in vq3. but im pretty sure as true cpmaers this wont interest you :)
also it looks horrible in my play cfg ... i especially like the picmip5 chessboard white and pink step texture at one place.. also you MIGHT want to try and tone down all that coloured lighting.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.