Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Vore 2013 by Sergio Mengual. Sculpt Finished

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Vore 2013 by Sergio Mengual. Sculpt Finished

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-08-2013 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Work in Progress yet, but the Sculpting process is finished, and is ready for start painting texturing:

In this turntable and promo video you can look it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjdMzAVpF9Y

I hope you like it. Your comments and feedback are very apreciated.
Greetings:
Sergio Mengual.
https://www.facebook.com/Sergio3D2D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-08-2013 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe boobies

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-08-2013 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition wrote:
hehe boobies

hehehe!! Yes, I always tough that the vore were an female monster...Well I want to emphatize that.
Not only have boobies.If you look the video.The monster have all his private parts.
Greetings:
Sergio.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-08-2013 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welcome to Quake3World!

Ewwwww! I don't care how soft and perky those boobies are... would not hit!

Nice sculpting work, especially the musculature around the legs. IMO, I'm not sure if I like the head, the old vore had massive jaws and teeth and this one looks much more humanoid. Personally I think I like the original look of the head.The horns look like large ears, if you're going to keep them, maybe try curving them a bit more and sculpting them a bit with ridges like the horns of a ram. Just my opinion, anyway. Can't wait to see it textured.

I forgot, where did the vore shoot out those mines that tracked and followed you? Did she throw them or did she lay them like eggs?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-08-2013 11:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seeing this just made me realize something. Anatomically speaking, the Vore could never walk with three legs. If it pulled up it's hind leg, it would just fall backwards :)

The modelling is very nice though. I agree about the head though. I remember the Vore having huge teeth that cover basically half it's face.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 12:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
If it pulled up it's hind leg, it would just fall backwards

Ehhm, if you lift one leg, do you fall over?
It's not a static object like a table, it's about dynamics and body balance.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 12:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah but look at those legs. It's never able to support itself using its forelegs if it's hind leg is pulled up. They're too far away from the creature's center of gravity.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 05:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Yeah but look at those legs. It's never able to support itself using its forelegs if it's hind leg is pulled up. They're too far away from the creature's center of gravity.

Hmm...You have played Quake 1? Of course that can walk! haha!! the walking is more an balance question, than stabillty. Basically, we, the humans with 2 legs, not should to walk in biped positon. Altough we do that.
Anyway, I allways like the 3 legs design for the vore in Q1, because, this is the spirit of Quake, with well deformed monsters.
And you should be my sketches and drawings for the others monsters to do. Like the Shambler, and the Demon Fiend. and Shuub [LOL RACISM] Reborn. hehe!!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Like A probe of the walking capabillities of the Vore, here are teh video of my old version...the Vore "2007":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBiKrm-xie0

I never exported totally this 2007 Vore to Quake, I recognize that in this times I was starting in the 3D area, and I not had the kwonleges and skills that I have now...In addition, I made the Vore 2013 with better anatomy for an better agillity for the monster,(the legs in my old 2007 version were an obstable for certain movements, and really the monsters would need much space in the levels for move).

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

I can see it work when it moves forward, tilting its upper body weight forward for balance. It's the reversing backward that would be problematic.
So I'd rather see the legs placed equidistantly at 120 degrees allowing for more stable 360 degree movement.

Seems a bit silly arguing about tripod locomotion :)
I don't think tripods actually exist IRL, except some weird fish. And quadruped amputees like dogs and cats, of course.

Interesting to think about, though. You can make anything move any way you like in a virtual environment, but to keep it physically realistic is a challenge.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital_Prophecy wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Like A probe of the walking capabillities of the Vore, here are teh video of my old version...the Vore "2007":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBiKrm-xie0

I actually saw a picture of that one while Googling for pics of the original Vore from Quake. I like the feet on that design. I think it makes the monster even more gross because it has human-like feet which it uses to walk like a ballerina (on the toes). It has a bit of an uncanny valley nastiness about it, which is a good thing for a monster like this :)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think evolution plays much part in the locomotion of Lovecraftian minions of absolute evil. :dork:

Anyway, there are tripods animations that you can take a look at to try and create something plausible, Half-Life 2 Striders and the tripods in the Tom Cruise "War of the Worlds" movie.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I actually saw a picture of that one while Googling for pics of the original Vore from Quake. I like the feet on that design. I think it makes the monster even more gross because it has human-like feet which it uses to walk like a ballerina (on the toes). It has a bit of an uncanny valley nastiness about it, which is a good thing for a monster like this :)[/quote]
Aha...this legs desing liked to me too...but in those days, the quakers community critics made me to learn that the Quakers are too many clasics in their tastes...So I changed the legs in this 2013 version for remeber the original Vore...ANd for increase movements and agility of the monster...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.