Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Coding EnemyModels under Vertex Lighting

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Coding EnemyModels under Vertex Lighting

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 12:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know individuals working on a mod right now that is almost competed. However one of the main issues they are facing now is Coding EnemyModels and PM Skins into this mod under Vertex Lighting. It is already completed under Lightmap lighting.

I am not a coder nor do I know why they are facing problems with the coding of models under Vertex lighting, compared to having success with coding the models under Lightmap. If your a coder and experienced with these issues any assistance/direction with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 06:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

perhaps get the coders to post here and ask?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanx servo.
Anyways, i'm the coder for the mod. The problem i have is with bright skins under VertexLight (Lightmap is fine). The problem is that i cant seem to set right skins to a model. Model itself is registered fine, but the skins do not show up. So the end result in the game is just the white model. The problem seems to be with the trap_R_RegisterSkin function which does not register the skin. Just as it says in the comments, it returns all white. That's it. I've tried quiet a few different fixes, but nothing seems to be working. Any help will be appreciated.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 05:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Posting your shaders/skins might be a good idea, there could very well be a mistake in one of them.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-29-2005 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here is the shader and the sample skin files

players.shader:
http://www.jbpowfiles.com/pub/models/players.shader

skin:
http://www.jbpowfiles.com/pub/models/head_pm.skin
http://www.jbpowfiles.com/pub/models/lower_pm.skin
http://www.jbpowfiles.com/pub/models/upper_pm.skin

Given the fact that everything works under the lightmap, i really doubt that there is a problem with any of the skins or shaderr (unless i'm missing something obvious).
Thanx

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bump

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 07:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fixed.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would you mind posting the solution... for other people who may be having this problem in the future?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 09:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sure.
before registering skin, turn off vertex light :)
thanx to arQon.

as simple as it gets.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.