Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Using 2 Radiants

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Using 2 Radiants

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After updating to a new computer I thought it would be a good idea to switch from GtkRadiant 1.1 TA to 1.4.0 but I found some problems now, mainly with the surface inspector. I already did a search over on mapcenter and others but with no results.

So is it possible to install both 1.4.0 and 1.1 to their own directories or do I get trouble cos of different shared files like shaders and such?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-31-2005 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No problem with multiple installs of GtkRadiant. I currently have GtkRadiant 1.4, 1.5 and DoomRadiant.

Though I don't see the point of using GtkRadiant 1.1, it's pretty old and outdated. What problem with the surface inspector do you have exactly? Maybe there's a solution for it.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there are 2 surface inspectors in 1.4 one for normal brushes and another for patches. simply pressing "S" yields the normal brushes inspector and "Shift +S" yields the patches inspector. does this solve your problem?

do most people use 1.4 or have they moved to 1.5 yet?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been using 1.4 for Q3.

I've been testing 1.5 and using it for D3 along side with DoomEdit.

It starts. I win. The end!
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not trying to troll, but hey obsidian, did you get my e-mail with the bots and funny stuff?

Just wondering?

BTW, I used GTK 1.2 along with GTK 1.4 some time ago because 1.2 still performed some actions with less buggyness than 1.4, but 1.4 had some end result improvements that were very helpfull.
So I used both.

There! Now it's not a troll! :icon25:

Later.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-01-2005 07:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That would be hijacking, not trolling. :p

I have both 1.4 and 1.5 installed also. Mainly because I didn't bother uninstalling 1.4 so now I use each for different games. Haven't really tried 1.5 for D3 yet though. I still use the built in editor.

PostPosted: 04-01-2005 08:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oops! :icon9:

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm using(installing and preparing) each version at the same time just like below.

q3radiant202: just for recognition of legacy
1.2.9: just becuase this one is most stable
1.2.13: main use except model rotation
1.3.8-ET: main use except entity placement
1.4.0: background image such as initial layout or making tessilated 2d view easier to overview
If you load quite a few textures in this version, you'll notice this version is slower.
1.5.0: just for testing but in near future might use it for arbitrary model rotation to be pasted to 1.3.8-ET

As for gamepack unity, 1.3.8-ET would do the best job but 1.2.13 could do except sof2.
I'm using a batch file it enables loading specified gamepack with specified layout, specified base dir and specified color scheme, something like
Code:
qtk.bat 1.3 q3 quad blue werkz(baseq3) q3dm17sample

One thing to note is there is a painful clip board incompatibility between 1.3.7 below and 1.3.8 upper.
Just 2 cents from me.

4. Think of the modern merchant as the thief, especially the one in a paper company.
5. It ain't the werld it has to be...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-02-2005 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Magnus: Got your email... Haven't looked through it yet. Will do so during the week.

Next time, just PM me instead of trolling... er... hijacking. :D

PostPosted: 04-02-2005 06:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Har..Har..Har.

Verry funny :p

Ok later.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 04-03-2005 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amorak2 wrote:
there are 2 surface inspectors in 1.4 one for normal brushes and another for patches. simply pressing "S" yields the normal brushes inspector and "Shift +S" yields the patches inspector. does this solve your problem?

arg ... I hadn't seen that patch inspector before :wasted:

yes, "Shift+S" solved it.

thx alot

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.