Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        ..:: The Hot Place [Final]

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: ..:: The Hot Place [Final]

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-09-2005 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello fellows,
probably some of you already have seen this one, now it got final.
It's my entry for the 2on2 contest over at the promodeforums.
It's intended for 2on2 AND 1on1 play, as also for vq3 or cpm-gameplay.

Hope you like it, and again thanks for the help of the betatesters/feedbackers :p !!!

Hot Place Final

As always feedback and impressions are very appreciated.
Have fun

sumatra

MIGHT BE A TROLL OF SOME SORT
MIGHT BE A TROLL OF SOME SORT
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 03:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CRAP. I MEAN THAT IN A GOOD WAY. GOOD AS IN BAD.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 06:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hi Sumatra,

The best of many remakes of this map I've ever played. Did I say many? It's gotta be the most redone map. Great job though.

Thanks for not sticking too strictly to the original layout. I like the openness of your version much better than the orig.

thanks,
json

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong schwim, but I did not have any map in mind by designing this one.
I'm very surprised, cause until now noone said something about a remake relating to my map :p ,
so it would be nice if you give me the original name and/or some D/l location for, so I could take a look at and compare them.
It would be a very strange odd pure chance, cause all the layoutcame out of my little heady :p trust me!

:icon25: :icon25: :icon25: I'm still laughing my ass off, thanks for the hint!!

Though I'm glad you like the "remake" !!!

Have Fun
sumatra

P.S. And I know much maps, so its still curious... :dork:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sumatra, did you have some betas that were quite different from this one? Maybe I've just played a couple of betas ? The part I'm thinking is the most different is where the RA sits, it's completely different from the version I had on my game server. The version I used to play was much more open with no overhead bits above the RA.

I'll look on my cd's, as I had two versions playing on my server for the longest time. I'll let you know tonight.

thanks,
json

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had some betas that are quite different, yea in fact.

I started almost from scratch with this new version, kept only some elements (void @RA/QUAD, water cave).
The reason was, I got sick of my "old" layout, it was too difficult to solve the issues it had (easier to start from scratch :icon31: )

Perhaps you mean a remake made by myself and we both just dont realised :p !! Still interested in the betas, you were talking about..

thanks
sumatra

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This map was a long time comming. It is a good release. Now, maybe you'll finally start working on something else?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.