Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        CPMA physics distances

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: CPMA physics distances

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone have any links to documents explaining CPMA physics distances?

I need stuff like maximum double-jump, circle-jumps, ramp jump, etc. height and distance measurements.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i would think OPC would have it :paranoid:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OCP? Link please?

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

make sure you state that you wonder about promode 2 physics, not defrag cpm physics.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 03:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also note that physics in current CPMA releases are subject to change (for instance, drag has been removed in the upcoming 1.32 betas)

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Anyone have any links to documents explaining CPMA physics distances?

I need stuff like maximum double-jump, circle-jumps, ramp jump, etc. height and distance measurements.

Theres actually a trick video, of a guy thats does all of it and tells max distance on all of it..

sadly i have NO IDEA the name of it.. :-\

planetquake3.net has it tho

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 01:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://planetquake3.net/download.php?op ... s&lid=2170

thats it i think.. it dont realyl show everything, and sadly i think its VQ3 physics..

Sorry, im stupid.. :-\

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that how those freaks do the straif jumping? Are they using CPMA??? I never downloaded that. I downloaded a straif jumping training map and I couldn't even hit the first pad. Is that how they're doing it? Or am I just really bad? :P

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're just really bad. Most strafe jumps can be done in VQ3 too (often with more ease too, on account of the reduced air control). Check out this PQ thread for some ticks and trips. If it's any consolation, it took me fscking months to do my first series of strafe jumps.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I sort of learned it naturally then came to places like this and figured out there is a science to the art. That was years ago though...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-15-2005 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's ok, I don't plan on wasting my time practicing strafe jumping. :) I've got very important things to do. But it's good to know I wasn't missing something... I'm just really bad. I'm fine with that :) I'm good at DM and that's all I care about.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

halfbeat strafing > onebeat strafing

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 04-20-2005 07:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I find it much less usefull though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.