Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Am i just being blind...?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Am i just being blind...?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-15-2005 11:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or isn't there a nodraw texture in Quake 2?

I could of sworn there was...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-15-2005 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh man you pulled out an old school question on us. I don't remember there being a nodraw texture in Quake 2. But hell, that was years ago, I could have missed it back then and I'd never know the difference.

What are you doing with Q2?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-15-2005 02:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

per pixel lighting technology map for Quake II Evolved tech demos :p

I just need to try and cut down on overdraw see, any tips?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-15-2005 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How's the engine sorting polygons right now, o'dium?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-16-2005 03:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, the only reason i asked is that berserk said there was...

There is the no draw FLAG but its painfully slow doing it all by hand :(

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 04-16-2005 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Could you just use something like the trigger texture? Unless there's something magical about it hidden within the engine that means you can only use it on triggers :)

EDIT: or make your own preflagged nodraw texture... I think the flags can be set in the .wal files? Been a long time since I messed with Q2 though.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 04-16-2005 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I emailed you about q2e and you never got back to me...

brushmangler
brushmangler
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Or isn't there a nodraw texture in Quake 2?

I could of sworn there was...

the nearest i can think of is "skip" some yellowish thingy

the watching eye
the watching eye
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

as far as I know there was no such texture, only a flag. But you could make one I think.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-22-2005 03:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Shallow is right.
I remember that you can set flags to .wal files so that would enable you to make your own nodraw.

However, not sure if nodraw means that polygons won't be drawn either, and maybe nodraw blocks light as well (although I remember there being a translucent flag too)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.