Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        CTF Map

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: CTF Map

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I made a CTF map with q3radiant and the AAS file, but when I start the game the bots think it is free for all and will not get the flags.
I must do something in q3radiant?

PS: Sorry my english, I am brazilian.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You will want to run your game from the menu, e.g. Single Player, Skirmish, Game Type: CTF, Select your Map, Next, Select Bots, and then hit Fight.

You will need to have an arena file in your .pk3 map archive too, where the CTF is mentioned.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When developing your map it might be more convenient to enter

g_gametype 4
devmap mapname

in the console. Replace mapname with the filename of your map ofcourse.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

indeed...

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-12-2012 03:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah! It worked! thanks!
But one more thing: have gray squares on the head of my partners, not the yellow triangles. Has some texture file for this? Know the name or where I can find it?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw that the problem with the yellow triangles is not only on my map, but in all the maps of Quake. But if I remove my PK3 everything back to normal.
Someone tell me how my map can be causing this?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably a bad shader/texture/etc. that is interfering with the stock assets. Check through any custom shaders and make sure there aren't any syntax errors, particularly if you are missing a pair of { } brackets.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would guess that one of your shaders does not have your map's name in the shader name, thus accidentally using the naming of an existing q3a shader. That would break things as well.

After launching the map, open the console, it normally should complain about shader related issues.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-13-2012 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL. You're right. Thank you!

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-16-2012 01:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi, convas... The problem you're sayin' (the missing yellow triangle) appears to me in baseq3, but not in missionpack (Team Arena)... I'm unable to determine the reason, but it doesn't matter... It's just an idicator that's player is in your team. You can disable the yellow triangles by setting /cg_drawFriend to 0 and remember you're in blue/red team and don't shoot at players in your team (they're colored as your team - blue/red)...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-16-2012 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not much help and a little late there matey. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.