Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Problems with teleporter.md3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Problems with teleporter.md3

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-08-2009 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello everybody.
I have a strange problem. I cannot load the teleporter model. I put the correct line (models/mapobjects/teleporter/teleporter.md3) in the entity but it does not appears. In fact, I searched in the pak0 and I dont have it!!!!
But i can play quake 3 normally, i can see teleporters inside (q3dm17 for example) and I haven´t changed the pak0 cause I play in servers with punkbuster (in fact the date of the file is from 99). Is very strange.
I can load other md3 files, like pipe02 for example. But there are a lot of models missing.
Is very strange since a couple of weeks ago I loaded them without problems.

I´m disturbed! I really do not understand!. :(

Well,hope you can help me.

Thank you.
bb

PD: I have tried in both, Gtk radiant 1.5 and q3radiant 202.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-08-2009 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how are you adding models?

r mouse/misc/misc model?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-08-2009 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOLVED.

I reinstaled the program.

I still don´t know why it didn´t work but now i see the teleporters.

No, i was making a brush, then I transformed it into a misc_model.
Is not the correct way?

Lol.
Thanks

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-08-2009 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

RaspAtan wrote:
No, i was making a brush, then I transformed it into a misc_model. Is not the correct way?

No, that's not right. With nothing selected, right-click, misc > misc_model, browse to find the model file.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-08-2009 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looking forward to seeing some screenshots :) good luck with the rest of ya map.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.