Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        free textures for mappers

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: free textures for mappers

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-21-2005 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi you can download free textures for your maps from my site
http://www.pidesign.de
New textures are in work and will be released soon.

Feel free to send me any suggestions, texture wishes.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-01-2005 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have released 31 new spaceship style textures.
You can download them from http://www.pidesign.de

Cu
Fussel
http://www.pidesign.de
friday texture day!

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-01-2005 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know you've got a 'right click' save thing going on there but you might want to compress those shots a hell of a lot more and simply use them as full size previews otherwise those pages take an obsolute age to load up even on broadband.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-01-2005 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

... and then just give people a zip file to download texture packs (say a few megs each, like under 10).

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
I know you've got a 'right click' save thing going on there but you might want to compress those shots a hell of a lot more and simply use them as full size previews otherwise those pages take an obsolute age to load up even on broadband.

Yeah you are right. The way it works now also makes too much traffic. I might use thumbnails with a link to the original size etc....

Quote:
... and then just give people a zip file to download texture packs (say a few megs each, like under 10).

I have zip files for all textures that arent that big. Just go to the set you want and look at the top of the page and download it.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fussel wrote:
Yeah you are right. The way it works now also makes too much traffic. I might use thumbnails with a link to the original size etc...
Oh god yeah, never thought of that. You'll be using up a tonne of bandwidth :icon28:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-10-2005 01:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok I switched to a thumbnail gallery. Thumbnails are now real 256*256 pixel. So it should load much faster now. Spaceship textures still have to be changed.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-10-2005 06:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ahhh *relief* that's better. You've got some good work on that site, making the images load faster will help get your stuff out there.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.