Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        a bit of inspiration

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: a bit of inspiration

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-09-2010 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

stumbled across this, thought you other lvl makers might enjoy it :D
its a cg movie with some nice architectural work mixed with great post processing

http://vimeo.com/7809605

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-09-2010 05:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol... I was just about to post this. I really enjoyed watching this. Made me feel all calm and zen-like.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-09-2010 07:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've seen some hella good videos that are similar to this on vimeo lately. I suggest that whoever enjoyed this stays on vimeo and checks the top vids for others like it.

Great vid.

Team Event -O- Horizon

NoGhost Map Making Competition 2 (June 2010)

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-10-2010 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

superb

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-12-2010 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fantastic!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-15-2010 07:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Team Event -O- Horizon

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2010 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

great stuff :up:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-16-2010 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-16-2010 08:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

.:Z:. wrote:

Haha, that's awesome. :)

Team Event -O- Horizon

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I must be odd, I found this video dull and boring. I felt the video was too self obsorbed with the camera object and the video creator. The rolling fields and slow camera pans of forests with wooden houses seemed like dead weight. I am sure alot of hard work went into this video but it could of easily been editing down to half its length and it would of had better direction and focus. I thought the best sections were when he too exisiting architecture and shifted it around to form new shapes, like the animation of the airport building. Personally I would recommend grabbing your own camera, buying a train ticket or getting in your car and visiting a nearby city. You will see a lot more interesting things and probably be more inspired than this.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-21-2010 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very pretty, but kinda made me feel woozy after about 5 mins. (dof/focusing got kinda old quick...)
it looks like the result of years of experience and then months of hard work, (haven't read up on Alex Roman, but will...) mind boggling to a mear dabbler like myself.
Some of the comments are pretty amusing :)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-21-2010 10:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sock wrote:
Personally I would recommend grabbing your own camera, buying a train ticket or getting in your car and visiting a nearby city. You will see a lot more interesting things and probably be more inspired than this.

I personally find the Google Maps Street View is a fantastic alternative when you can't be bothered to drive to the nearest city (provided you don't live in one already) :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-21-2010 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
sock wrote:
Personally I would recommend grabbing your own camera, buying a train ticket or getting in your car and visiting a nearby city. You will see a lot more interesting things and probably be more inspired than this.

I personally find the Google Maps Street View is a fantastic alternative when you can't be bothered to drive to the nearest city (provided you don't live in one already) :)

Yeah, I agree. It's a really cool concept that google implemented, and it's great to see places far from where you live.

Team Event -O- Horizon

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-21-2010 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the fact it is all cg is quite impressive...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.