Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        GTK Radiant 1.5 Crashes

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GTK Radiant 1.5 Crashes

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-25-2015 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So my problem is that, everytime I try to open a map not made by me it doesn't open and gtk crashes. Though very few ones do, until they get updated in which they end up not working either.
I use gtk 1.5 and windows 7 64bit.
I tried with 1.4 and 1.6 both work and can open maps, but I cant save anything. It just saves, but doesnt, nothing happens. Also 1.4 and 1.6 are very buggy imo, I don't want to use em.

I tried using earlier versions of 1.5, same thing, but 2006 version gave me an actual error report before crashing.

ImageImageImage

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-25-2015 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got 1.6.12 and it works flawlessly, thank you!

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-25-2015 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Atera is visiting us from the future.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 02-26-2015 02:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure if this is still relevant but NetRadiant is the smarter brother of GTKradiant 1.5.
Afaik, the xonotic guys kind of maintain it.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-26-2015 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haha weird, my folder says 1.6.12 :O

@Cityy
Is Netradiant supported for Jedi Academy? (Might be a stupid question)... If yes, what are the benefits? How is it smarter :P

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 02-26-2015 09:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just transfer the 1.5 Jedi Academy pertinent files into netradiants folders.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 02-26-2015 11:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Atera wrote:
Haha weird, my folder says 1.6.12 :O

@Cityy
Is Netradiant supported for Jedi Academy? (Might be a stupid question)... If yes, what are the benefits? How is it smarter :P

It's just less bugged than the original 1.5. Also there are some small feature additions like "use caulk for new brushes".
You should be fine copying the 1.5 game files into your netradiant install as TB says.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-27-2015 06:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool, thanks!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.