Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        A bunch of beta maps

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: A bunch of beta maps

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-28-2010 07:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First i want to say: sorry for my poor english. I hope you understand me. :D

I've got a lot of betamaps, i want to finish. Let's go...

Simple Death:

Screenshots:
Image Image Image

A small 1vs1 deathmatch arena. Base: An old and lost deathmatch map i made for doom2 years ago, insprired by the Doom2 map07 "Dead Simple".

There's also a secret. Easy to find - but hard to activate. Do you like rocketjumps? :D

Download Beta2 (3.3 MB)
PK3: map-13simple_b2.pk3
ZIP: map-13simple_b2.zip

"Old Gothic Map" (not the final name yet):

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

A small/medium FFA map i started to made 8 years ago. Now refurbished with some additional passages.
The r_speeds may be a little bit high (max. 18k) but playable on actual hardware.

Download Beta2 (2.3 MB)
PK3: map-13moon_b2.pk3
ZIP: map-13moon_b2.zip

Octagonal Overdose:

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image Image

A medium sized CTF map.
The layout is a little bit experimental. The bases are stacked one above. Navigation maybe a little bit confusing the first time and the second... so i insert a hidden hologram-chamber to overview the whole map. Enter the hole above the MH in spectator mode to find the hologram!

The map is also optimized for FFA play. Forcefields are deactivated and 2 additional jumppads serve to improve the connectivity. Use the special teleporter (button activated) above the flagspots to enter a new/ancient place for the MH!

Download Beta3 (7 MB)
PK3: map-13octo_b3.pk3
ZIP: map-13octo_b3.zip

The Campgrounds II CTF:

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image Image

Yes, it's a CTF version of q3dm6.
Complete refurbished, including all brushes, clips and hints...

Download Beta1 (2.2 MB)
PK3: map-13camp_b1.pk3
ZIP: map-13camp_b1.zip

Greetings from Germany... sst13

Last edited by sst13 on 04-28-2010 07:57 AM, edited 2 times in total.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 03-28-2010 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
The Campgrounds II CTF:

All my dreams become true! Spraying :olo: Gonna test 'em later - greetings back from germany :P

Just btw: Are you on irc?

Last edited by cityy on 03-28-2010 09:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-28-2010 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, it's a CTF version of q3dm6.
Complete refurbished, including all brushes, clips and hints...

I knew you'll do it =)
imo flags placement is better than in q3dm6ctf, newertheless I'd make whole new big mid area

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 03-29-2010 03:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
"Old Gothic Map" (not the final name yet):

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

A small/medium FFA map i started to made 8 years ago. Now refurbished with some additional passages.
The r_speeds may be a little bit high (max. 18k) but playable on actual hardware.

Download Beta2 (2.3 MB)
PK3: map-13moon_b2.pk3
ZIP: map-13moon_b2.zip

I think this level looks excellent, there are some awesome places in it, ideas that I might take inspiration from!
The light is very well distributed, very smooth! A lot of details in it too, I think many people could look at this level as an example when they create id-goth maps... this is one of the coolest id goth levels I've seen I think...
However, I don't really enjoy levels with powerups like Invis...

Edit: I'll look at the other level a bit later!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-29-2010 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hipshot wrote:
However, I don't really enjoy levels with powerups like Invis...

Don't worrie, "The cake is a lie". :sly: :D

@cityy: No, not atm. Only ICQ...

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 03-29-2010 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love your q3 ctf map versions! You have the same ability with them as the mapper "Q" has always been popular for. I never even pictured someone making one out of The Campgrounds, yet the making of the centerpoint was like Damn! Makes me wonder what other q3 maps have these capabilities.
I like 13octo, but at first it was frustrating as I kept on getting majorly lost..VERY original layout. Is there another way to get from base to base other than that one teleporter? If there isn't, then I think you should make another way. If there is another way than I missed it.. sorry :paranoid: I was pretty lost though.
The lavafalls in the gothic map is mesmerizing to me, I just sat and watched it for a bit of time. Very Cool!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-29-2010 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ha the lava had the same effect on me lol. very nice map!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-30-2010 06:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
Is there another way to get from base to base other than that one teleporter?

Yes, the levels-02 are connected by a doorway, where the MH is located. The hologram chamber entrance (spectator only) is also there.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-30-2010 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@sst13, I have been a fan of your work for a long time, I especially like the atmosphere you create in your maps and the brushwork/texture detail. I was looking at your map site recently, I think your Q1 remake maps are gorgeous, I assume you would want to finish them before these? I played around with the gothic map and it really does need some higher resolution textures. The original Q3 textures look really dated and blurry. I also could not work out how to get the invisibility powerup, I liked the noclip trap thing you did with it thou. :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-01-2010 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For all friends of original maps turned into ctf. Here is another masterpice of my work: :clownboat:
http://sst13.net/maps/map-13box.zip

@sock:

Oh, I really need to pimp my ancient site a little bit...

I plan to release the Q1 remake maps as a kind of mappack, including a small mod. But there's still a lot of work to do. (more maps)

As I began to polish up the old gothic map, I thought about using other textures. But I couldn't find a texture set fitting to all the archways.
So I let it be "oldscool". :o

The invissibility isn't really there. It's just a shader-bobbing func rotation model, 100% fake... :D

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-01-2010 04:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
As I began to polish up the old gothic map, I thought about using other textures. But I couldn't find a texture set fitting to all the archways.

http://www.simonoc.com/pages/materials/ ... /index.htm

Would fit your gothic map easy, you can add plenty of wood/metal trims around archways to create the level of detail you want. The above texture set also has plenty of raw seamless base materials to work with for odd shaped areas.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 04-01-2010 06:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
For all friends of original maps turned into ctf. Here is another masterpice of my work: :clownboat:
http://sst13.net/maps/map-13box.zip

You've just created my favorite instagib map of ALL TIME!!! I'm gonna play the hell out of this map. :D That's some good humor though..never would have thought of that map. :up: I actually found a perfect thing for this though..1on1 CaptureStrike in Cpma. It's pretty straight to the point and CaptureStrike gives you all of the weapons on start up, so no big deal about there not being a weapon layout. It may sound silly but I really like it. :paranoid:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-26-2010 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now it's time for the final releases:

Simple Death: (3.3MB)
http://sst13.net/maps/map-13simple.zip

Gothic Dawn: (2.4MB)
http://sst13.net/maps/map-13dawn.zip

The Campgrounds II CTF: (2.2MB)
http://sst13.net/maps/map-13camp.zip

Octagonal Overdose: (7.4MB)
http://sst13.net/maps/map-13octo.zip

Have fun!

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 04-26-2010 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh, I totally forgott to play these :(

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 04-27-2010 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13,
congrats of finishing several maps... my respect. I seem to have problems getting maps done... sigh.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.