Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        redq3dm6 - final

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: redq3dm6 - final

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welp, here it is...

[lvlshot]http://www.levelsource.com/temp/tribute_01.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.levelsource.com/temp/tribute_02.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.levelsource.com/temp/tribute_03.jpg[/lvlshot]

I fixed a whole slew of issues with the clipping. You should be able to run into the walls all day long now and not get hung up at all. I also tweaked the lighting and reworked some of the item placement. The most notable addition for the final release would have to be the sound provided by Blitz. Really tops the map off I think! Enjoy!

Download redq3dm6 here (9.1mbs)

Last edited by redfella on 02-13-2005 03:46 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Final eh?
I'll give it a spin.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

any screenshots 4 the villagers? Did nothing change worth seeing?

Sock

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sock wrote:
any screenshots 4 the villagers? Did nothing change worth seeing?

Sure thing... Added. Not too much changed as far as the visuals... It's a tasty release though, should try it out. :D

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 09:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if the music is that good of an edition. It would be nice if you could turn it off because after a while it gets annoying.

In the above screenshot, that trim slows me down when I'm speeding around the map. A quick clip, and copy paste of the clip to anywhere else with that trim would work.

This one slowed me down a little too. Clipping it with a wedge (illustrated in pink) would do wonders.

Other than that, I don't have much else to say. It would be nice if you could shoot the cartridges and hear a sound from that game, or something similar. Is the joystick a model or brushes and a few patches? For some reason, I'm guessing you did it in Radiant.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 05:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The joystick was done in Radiant. And I think the music is pretty great. :P

Edit: you can turn down the music volume in settings > sound . :)

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I am sure everyone knows how to turn off the music so I don't see why they complain about it so often. :confused:

BTW, rep, you're a genius.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 06:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
Yeah I am sure everyone knows how to turn off the music so I don't see why they complain about it so often. :confused:

BTW, rep, you're a genius.

Because the 'music' he uses cannot be turned off. He's using speakers and there is no ambient tag on them, so when I do s_ambient 0 they still play.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That is very different then.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have to reload the map for the volume to update.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have never had too... Isn't there a snd_restart command for q3 anyway? I'm so used to q2 now.

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 08:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the wooden floor comes off nicer if it were a little sunken, if my unit-brain still serves me fine, i'd guess for either 2 or 4 units height diff between wood/stone.

guess im a little late for saying so though :paranoid:

edit: bleh i should reinstall quake

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 05:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
I have never had too... Isn't there a snd_restart command for q3 anyway? I'm so used to q2 now.

Obviously, the average gamer knows about this command. (Sarcasm).
:icon32:

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon26:

That's my 'pretending to know what's going on' face.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 05:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This map is up at ..::lvl if anyone wants to review it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.