Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        phantom brush -bobtools brushcleanup causes it to appear

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: phantom brush -bobtools brushcleanup causes it to appear

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i keep deleting the same brush over and over again.. it was a vertex edit that bobtoolz fixed.. then i deleted it and ran bobtoolz and the brush came back.. every time i run bobtools the same brush reappears...

i haventcompiled or anything yet.. wondering is there someway to permanently remove a phantom brush?

question:unrelated to the above..
is there a way to display a single brush bilinearly/tri etc in camera window while viewing camera window flat shaded? (all flat shaded, plus say trilinear for selected?

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe identify the brush number but don't erase it in GTK then edit the map file with a text editor and delete the text related to that brush.

save original map first

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 09:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im aware of how to find the brush from its number.. but when i select a brush.. how do i learn its number..

n shows worldspawn and stuff.. so thanks, advice sounds sound..

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 09:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

good question .. i forget how i was finiding the brush numbers.
maybe compile the map and see if the brush causes an error.
in the log the brush number could be displayed.

Maybe bobstoolz needs multiple runs to get rid of all the weird brushes. i assume the are 1 unit thick. I recall it would take a few runs of bobstoolz to get rid of all the weird bugs.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Select the brush you want to get rid of, invert selection, copy & paste into a new map.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 10:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that worked :D, it was a huge brush actually... kept re appearing after i deleted it.. obsidians suggestion did it ... brush gone..

maps all textured with common shaders for flat shader viewing anyways

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The bobtools patch-merge also causes some trouble in gtk 1.5... i always have to switch to version 1.4 to use that function.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The simplest solution is usually the best solution. :)

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 05-26-2010 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

current copy of the map file.. :D

common shaderss only flat shaded for viewing :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 04:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So far as I have found, 1.5 stops this kinda nonsense.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 06:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dONKEY wrote:
So far as I have found, not using vertex editing stops this kinda nonsense.

Fixed. Clipper tool FTW. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.