Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Finding and removing identical brushes?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Finding and removing identical brushes?

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 12-14-2009 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found an ugly bug in GTKradiant v1.4:
    If you work on a regioned off map part of the map, and then use Bobtoolz to reset the texture on all brushes, *all* the brushes will be shown, also those outside of the region. Trouble is this actually duplicates the brushes outside the region.

IIRC there was a tool that lets you remove identical brushes?

I thought MiriX did this, alas it does not. Help appreciated.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 12-14-2009 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well... I remembered that Bobtoolz - Intersect (available only under GTKradiant v1.2.13, not v1.4) should do the job. And it does... it selects all identical brushes... alas it selects *both* of them so you cannot simply delete them :(

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-15-2009 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't quite follow. Do you mean GTK created duplicate brushes? I've had that a few times before in 1.4. Mostly if I've created a grouped entity then used undo.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 12-15-2009 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duplicate brushes... yes. I had to go in manually and delete them by hand. I only noticed the issue when my planks suddenly were no longer in-game. In-editor they were still there.

Luckily when you select a brush, then drag-LMB some more the duplicates will also be selected, turning the brush a deeper red. Together with Shift+A on the textures that were the cause of the duplication, I was able to find them all.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.