Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Promode.org - competitive level design guide gone

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Promode.org - competitive level design guide gone

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 05:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Today I wanted to look up something in the competitive level design guide from the promode.org wiki but it seems like it is gone.
Maybe anyone has it laying arround on his HDD?

If not, are there simular guides?

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 05:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm just gonna add this Q, sorry.
:What happend to the promode site and where are the old forums?

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Found it using archive.org.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080501082032/www.promode.org/wiki/index.php/Competitive_Level_Design_Guide

I once asked the guys in the #promode channel what happened but it seems like every single person in there is just idling..

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tehSandwich wrote:

Yeahhh. I was going to post this. :D

Team Event -O- Horizon

NoGhost Map Making Competition 2 (June 2010)

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 08:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep..that ones it

I dunno what happened to CPMA? The site has went to Challenge TV, which has always existed for downloading the files and posting demo's and such. I've used it alot in the past, but now it's apparently promode now. I think it's all aimed at the standalone version, as I don't think that they work on it as a mod anymore. They always had that aim in the past, as I had brought up alot in the past forums that I joined in 2002 for testing promode custom maps back when Swelt, wviperw, PJW, Lunaran, Acid, evillair, Lukin, Stormshadow, Poubellator, Hubster were making maps. I stop hitting that forum for a couple of years after Q4 came out(which killed everything), and looked at it one day and it was what it is now. :tear:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-18-2010 12:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
Yep..that ones it

I dunno what happened to CPMA? The site has went to Challenge TV, which has always existed for downloading the files and posting demo's and such. I've used it alot in the past, but now it's apparently promode now. I think it's all aimed at the standalone version, as I don't think that they work on it as a mod anymore. They always had that aim in the past, as I had brought up alot in the past forums that I joined in 2002 for testing promode custom maps back when Swelt, wviperw, PJW, Lunaran, Acid, evillair, Lukin, Stormshadow, Poubellator, Hubster were making maps. I stop hitting that forum for a couple of years after Q4 came out(which killed everything), and looked at it one day and it was what it is now. :tear:

Storm actually just made a new map for the NoGhost Mapping Competition. :) His style is very apparent in it. I recommend that you check it out if you haven't.

Team Event -O- Horizon

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 01-18-2010 07:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I have that..I was glad to see he's still hanging. He's ol' school, I have all of his released maps..you should check out his map(bgmp5) in the second Burial Grounds Mappack..which is at ..::LvL, it's got some ownage qualities. Actually with Cpma on topic, Stormshadow made a map for a competition where the winner would have their map put into the next Cpma Mappack...which never actually got released. >:( but...I just uploaded his map entry to Filefront:

onewrongmove

check it out..nobody has that map(I don't think)..except for me of course. :D You have to have Cpma with \callvote promode 1 enabled(which Osp also has that callvote option). The map makes use of air strafe-ing, double jumping, tele-jumping. It isn't made for looks being the priority..it's a gameplay map just like all of the other Cpma Mappack maps.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-19-2010 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
Yeah I have that..I was glad to see he's still hanging. He's ol' school, I have all of his released maps..you should check out his map(bgmp5) in the second Burial Grounds Mappack..which is at ..::LvL, it's got some ownage qualities. Actually with Cpma on topic, Stormshadow made a map for a competition where the winner would have their map put into the next Cpma Mappack...which never actually got released. >:( but...I just uploaded his map entry to Filefront:

onewrongmove

check it out..nobody has that map(I don't think)..except for me of course. :D You have to have Cpma with \callvote promode 1 enabled(which Osp also has that callvote option). The map makes use of air strafe-ing, double jumping, tele-jumping. It isn't made for looks being the priority..it's a gameplay map just like all of the other Cpma Mappack maps.

That was an interesting map. The textures seem very out of element for storm, but in element for cpma. Thanks for sharing. :)

Team Event -O- Horizon

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Promode.org is back to it's old state for those who didn't notice yet.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.