Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        retinting textures..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: retinting textures..

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 06:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heyas... quickie....

pretty sure AEon or someone does this with template textures...

which line is it in the shader and what are the numbers/colors for red and blue?

fine fine i found ti...
http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41665&hilit=AEon+template

Last edited by skinNCNmaster on 04-23-2010 07:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

See that link on the top of the forum page that says "Search"? Click on it. You already have all the search terms, "AEon", "template", "textures". Is that so hard?

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i did search lol, i even went through aeons posts and couldnt find the template post... otherwise i wouldnt have asked.. come on man.. four-um

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why are you guys all about telling me to shut up all the time?

ps - found the thread..

map textures/aegrid/temp_aelonglight_gray.tga
// rgbGen const ( 0.88 0.5 0.137 ) // Default template orange
rgbGen const ( 0.137 0.879 0.253 ) // Default template hue green
// rgbGen identity

can anyone provide the numbers for red and blue?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because half the time it looks like you're talking to no one in particular besides yourself. You've posted more in the past week than anyone else has. Most of those posts only vaguely make any sense. Most of your questions are easily answered by a forum search or Google search.

Sorry to sound harsh, but those are the facts.

Red and blue... read the shader manual. Even simple trial and error testing will give you the answer.

AND STOP BUMPING OLD THREADS

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow mr censor, big brother.. you gotta lighten up and be more of a child... less of a spoiled bossy brat and yep a relaxed let it slide child.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you have a problem with me, take it to the Void or PM me. Don't fill this forum with post after post and new threads about censorship because I will delete them.

My issue here is with off topic posts and nonsense posts, which you do a lot of.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

your posts are off topic too... your posts do not work in the thread you post in.. they are recently all directed at being mean to me.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In this thread, I pointed you towards the direction in which you can find your answer. I wasn't going to tell you the answer for something that you could have easily found on your own. I'd say that's pretty reasonable. You know that saying about "giving a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime"?

As for the rest, you asked, "why are you guys all about telling me to shut up all the time?"... and I gave you the answer to that too. Again, I wasn't trying to be harsh, just honest.

You're the one who is blowing up and thinking that all this is about something specifically targeted towards you. In the competition thread, I deleted EVERYONE'S post that was off topic. You don't see them crying about it.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

okay so ive looked around and cant find a table of color values... are you sure the manual houses the decimal values for all the colors?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There is no table of colours, but it does explain how the colour values work. Look under rgbGen const (it's the directive that you're asking about) and it's explained there.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well ive look in the guide AGAIN....

and there is 6.3 rgbGen <func>... with no const function.... and absolutely no teach me a method for turning a color code into a set of decimals...

you are talking about the manual that comes with the editor right?

there is no table of colors.. and how to make a color is not explained..

quote the spot.. or help.

so far you have managed to post five times without actually helping.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, that's outdated. Q3Map2 Shader Manual. See my signature.

Quote:
rgbGen const ( R G B )
A constant vertex colour is assigned to the affected surface. This modifies the hue of the texture.

http://robotrenegade.com/q3map2/docs/sh ... tml#rgbgen

and also:

Quote:
RGB Color
RGB means "Red, Green, Blue". Mixing red, green and blue light in differing intensities creates the colors in computers and television monitors. This is called additive color (as opposed to the mixing of pigments in paint or colored ink in the printing process, which is subtractive color). In Quake III Arena and most higher-end computer art programs (and the color selector in Windows), the intensities of the individual Red, Green and Blue components are expressed as number values. When mixed together on a screen, number values of equal intensity in each component color create a completely neutral (gray) color. The lower the number value (towards 0), the darker the shade. The higher the value, the lighter the shade or the more saturated the color until it reaches a maximum value of 255 (in the art programs). All colors possible on the computer can be expressed as a formula of three numbers. The value for complete black is 0 0 0. The value for complete white is 255 255 255. However, the Quake III Arena graphics engine requires that the color range be "normalized" into a range between 0.0 and 1.0.

Normalization: a Scale of 0 to 1
The mathematics in Quake III Arena use a scale of 0.0 to 1.0 instead of 0 to 255. Most computer art programs that can express RGB values as numbers use the 0 to 255 scale. To convert numbers, divide each of the art program's values for the component colors by 255. The resulting three values are your Quake III Arena formula for that color component. The same holds true for texture coordinates.

http://robotrenegade.com/q3map2/docs/sh ... l#concepts

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 04-23-2010 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so the if the color is:

3366CC or:
51 102 204
0.2 0.4 0.8 for blue..

thanks obsidian :D
then...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-24-2010 05:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*facepalm*

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.