Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        RB_checkoverflow Error

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-03-2005 04:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah you've got a model there that has far too many vertices. If that's an MD3 it needs to be under 1000, if it's a model that doesn't have a shader associated with it then it may also need to be under 1000 irrc; I can't remember the technical reason but a comment was made in passing on it on the old version of LEM, it has something to do with lightmaps or something iirc.

As long as each section is under 1000 tris you can split the model into sections (they will need to be pysically seperate objects iirc.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-03-2005 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what have you built it with?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it lightmapped?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

iirc q3map forcemeta

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 08:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not related to the problem, but you shouldn't need phong shading (q3map_shadeAngle), since with models you can just set smoothing groups - which yields same results but with better control. Phong shading is useful on brushes since smoothing isn't an available feature.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-04-2005 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Definitely use q3map_forceMeta. The last few versions of Q3Map2 should automatically do that on models that exceed the max verts threshold though...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-05-2005 04:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ydnar: if im not mistaken what the last few versions are, i still ran into that error using .lwos

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.