Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        d3 Editing

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: d3 Editing

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm going to play around with doom 3 this weekend and see what happends. One quesion for now, at QeRadaint.com they have the release of ver.1.5.0. Is this the same thing as loading doom and typing in editor. Or is Gtk's totally different?

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 10:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

eh?
Gtk is Gtk, doomED is doomED.
Therefore, no it's not the same thing.
doomED is more like qeradiant 404 IIRC.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hmm, thx Fjoggs. :icon32:

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 04:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's GtkRadiant 1.5.0 (sporting an interface that's totally unlike 1.4.0) which knows how to deal with D3 too.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh, read his post again.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ow. Well, I was pretty drunk when I replied.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-07-2005 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

doomEd sucks and gtk owns. So yea, there is a difference.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 05-07-2005 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And I am learning the older I get the more I hate interfaces that differ from what I used to know :)

GTKradiant 1.2.13 is still my preferred, though I do like flymode via w,a,s,d of Sandbox and Hammer. *That* is the way it *should* be. ;)... (keyboard remapping possible, though does not work properly for w,s,a,d, tried it).

Ideally one would learn or be able to fully configure ones interface to ones preferences and be able to stick with it. But that won't happen. Just thinking about the more professional modelling tools make my head swim.

But from recent tests, GTKradiant 1.5 looks very promissing. I am probably most happy about the fact that something is being done at all. Sandbox is Sandbox and Hammer is Hammer, changes will not likely happen. Whereas some whining with SPoG may actually get you somewhere :)

</whine mode off>

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-07-2005 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mmm Sandbox. that's a great editor.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.