Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        [MAP] KREP1: Carmack Fortress | Quake 3 + EntityPlus

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: [MAP] KREP1: Carmack Fortress | Quake 3 + EntityPlus

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 12-20-2011 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did you check his setup for variances compared with standard?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-20-2011 12:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

deqer wrote:
LvLworld is saying there is an error. :(

Quote:
Hello.

Just been play testing and recording demos for the videos and noticed that your release will crash with the message 'cvar_update: handle out of range' error.

Any idea what may be wrong? This is with EntityPlus 1.0.2, on the second map.

If you need any details or a demo, just ask.

-Tig

I did some googling, and it's not clear what the solution is, but there is indication that it's not the map itself.

Anyone?

It's a known issue. Don't set g_synchronousclients to 1 and (so leave it at 0) and things should be allright. Demo playback will be a bit more choppy than usual though. I'm still looking for a fix.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 12-21-2011 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you know what might be cool...... if you let LEM mappers do details for those rooms :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-21-2011 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

skinNCNmaster wrote:
you know what might be cool...... if you let LEM mappers do details for those rooms :)

I like the details the way they are.

However, I will consider collab work where I have people follow the same low-detail/low-structure theme I have going, and make parts of a campaign and I'll put it all together.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 12-21-2011 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i just figured one room per person.. ... could be fun

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bringing up the old "pass the map" working scheme! Maybe this time we find enough people willing to participate in a project like this. If we do, we should start a new thread though, don't wanna highjack this one here. :paranoid:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-31-2011 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's up on lvlworld now: http://lvlworld.com/#c=m1&i=2193&d=28%2 ... l&p=review

Cast your vote.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-31-2011 04:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry, but who allowed czghost to write reviews on lvl? I've always held their reviews in high regard, but with all due respect, czghost can barely write grammatically correct English. He should not write reviews. Its also not a review but a description of the map.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-31-2011 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

czghost wrote:
I think, the guards and final boss are too many hard.

Too many hard ons??? :olo:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-31-2011 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Sorry, but who allowed czghost to write reviews on lvl? I've always held their reviews in high regard, but with all due respect, czghost can barely write grammatically correct English. He should not write reviews. Its also not a review but a description of the map.

I think Tig attempts to correct spelling / grammar mistakes when he notices them if the reviewer only speaks English as a secondary (or lower) language. (A few still slip in, however) I do agree that the material is more of a description rather than a review giving thoughts and opinions, which isn't exactly telling whether people should try it or not.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-01-2012 03:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Also he have ticked the spoiler in review. Everybody can write reviews, why me not? Try to think about yourself, did you write any reviewes on LVLworld? I didn't see anything...

About this review: The last sestence says 'Download and leave some feedback to help not only Deqer but other EntityPlus mappers.'. It's a bit request for testing...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-01-2012 03:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, I didn't write reviews because I don't have the time, but more importantly, because I do not possess the skill or knowledge to write good, interesting reviews and obviously neither do you. On top of that, you do not fully grasp the English language and that, to me, is the most important aspect of being a writer.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 01-01-2012 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
czghost wrote:
I think, the guards and final boss are too many hard.

very level editing related there.. yep strong subject related administraitor

and
Quote:
On top of that, you do not fully grasp the English language and that, to me, is the most important aspect of being a writer.

well then its going to say that anyone who writes in french or any other language is not a good writer either?

czhost, your review waS FAIR.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 01-01-2012 08:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The meltdown has begun.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-01-2012 09:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

skinNCNmaster wrote:

and
Quote:
On top of that, you do not fully grasp the English language and that, to me, is the most important aspect of being a writer.

well then its going to say that anyone who writes in french or any other language is not a good writer either?

When writing stuff in English ofcourse. Come on, don't act all ignorant as if you didn't understand that :rolleyes:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-01-2012 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

skinNCNmaster wrote:
obsidian wrote:

very level editing related there.. yep strong subject related administraitor

and
Quote:

skinNCNmaster, please stay out of this thread. You never have anything of value to contribute. We do NOT need you to point out what's related and what's not related. We do NOT need you to start a pointless argument about whether czghost's review was fair or not based on nothing--all you've said is a vague statement which opposes what Eraser said but with nothing to back it up your vague statement with.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-02-2012 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everyone needs to just relax, take deep breaths and not hold onto grudges. sure skinNCNmaster is left of field, but hes just trying to help... i think? as to beating up on CZghosts review... not cool team. :/

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-02-2012 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
everyone needs to just relax, take deep breaths and not hold onto grudges. sure skinNCNmaster is left of field, but hes just trying to help... i think? as to beating up on CZghosts review... not cool team. :/

I wasn't beating up on CZGhost's review. I was merely saying that it was more of a description of the map rather than telling whether the author liked it or not, what things could have been improved or worked on, etc. I was not saying his review should have been rejected because of less-than-perfect grammar, I just mentioned that Tig corrects it depending on the reviewer's nationality. I was just providing a constructive viewpoint on how the review could have been improved, it's not like I said "it sucks and he shouldn't do reviews anymore".

Klonopin, anyone?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-03-2012 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think he meant my comments. But I stick by what I said.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.