Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Problem with aas compling

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Problem with aas compling

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just started learning how to map and finished my first attempt and it runs fine now im trying to finalize it by adding the bot file. I have tried using BSPC-gui but every time i try to process the file this error comes up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: no entities inside
**** leaked ****
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is the rest of the log if it helps.

BSPC version 1.7, Dec 22 1999 19:37:59 by Mr Elusive
bsp2aas: C:\Users\*****\Documents\Quake 3 Maps\tdm2\Tdm2.bsp to C:\Users\*****\Documents\Quake 3 Maps\tdm2\Tdm2.aas
-- Q3_LoadMapFromBSP --
Loading map from C:\Users\*****\Documents\Quake 3 Maps\tdm2\Tdm2.bsp...
creating planar surface planes...
searching visible brush sides...
0 brush sides0 brush sides textured out of 180
-------- Brush CSG ---------
58 original brushes
57 output brushes
-------- Brush BSP ---------
57 brushes
12 visible faces
0 nonvisible faces
342 total sides
Win32 multi-threading
1 threads max
depth first bsp building
25 splits
92 KB of peak total bsp memory
BSP tree created in 0 seconds
------- Prune Nodes --------
14 pruned nodes
---- Node Portalization ----
11 nodes portalized
0 tiny portals
2 KB of portal memory
41 KB of winding memory
------ FloodEntities -------
WARNING: no entities inside
**** leaked ****

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok, in gtk goto the build menu and click bsp -meta. this will error saying ya map has leaked (it means somewhere on ya map the hull is not sealed) a red line will be draw in ya viewports pointing to where its leaking. seal it up and try a recompile. hope this helps

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am pretty sure there are no leaks in my map since I went through that process and it loaded just fine. Just to be sure though i did what you said and it still loaded fine. Thanks for trying to help.
I read, on multiple websites, that compiling without a frontend application (like BSPC-gui) and doing it through command prompt is the best way to compile .bsp to .aas but I havent a clue how to do that.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any error messages while compiling -bsp and -vis stages? Make sure you have a spawn point in your map somewhere.

To create a batch file, use a text editor and create a new file called aas.bat, in it place the following text (changing as necessary):

"C:\Program Files\Path\To\bspc.exe" -bsp2aas "C:\Games\Quake3\baseq3\maps\mymap.bsp" -forcesidesvisible -optimize -reach

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well the error is when i was trying to generate the .aas from the .bsp. I will certainly try the batch file way and post my results. Thank you for helping

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also be sure that no entities are outside in the void, also causes trouble

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, Once I have the batch file then what do I do with it?. Sorry I'm not really familiar with this.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

double-click it.
Start it lika an executable...

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 12-29-2011 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

similar problem guys...

im trying to run this line:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Quake_III_Arena\bspc.exe" -bsp2aas "C:\Program_Files\Quake_III_Arena\baseq3

\maps\gregyptctf3.bsp" -reach -cluster -aasopt -optimize -breadthfirst -forcesidesvisible -breadthfirst

but bspc says it cant find my map file....

its been a while since ive ad to deal with aas files, can anyone point out where im missing the crucial piece of information here?

the map is at that path
bspc is the latest and also at the path stated...
yes yet when run bspc says no file found.

help pz

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-29-2011 02:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-aasopt takes a .aas file as input. So compile the .aas first, then run bspc with the aasopt switch on the aas file.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 12-29-2011 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh woops, ok i removed that from the bat file string and tried again and it still says file not found for the bsp

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-29-2011 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Skinny: Most probably because you have "Program Files" as well as "Program_Files" written ;)

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 12-29-2011 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol fixed that too and it still dont work..

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-29-2011 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there a space between "baseq3" and "\maps\gregyptctf3.bsp"? Also I tend to have the forcesidevisible optimize asf directly after the "C:\Program Files\Quake_III_Arena\bspc" part (don't need to specifically use the exe extension after bspc, but be sure to check the space thing; sound silly but it's astonishing how often errors like that hinder someone to complete one's work.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 12-30-2011 06:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

turns out i had the folder set to read only...

ad your right about order

heres the final compile string which worked
Code:
bspc -reach -cluster -breadthfirst -forcesidesvisible -breadthfirst -optimize -bsp2aas "C:\Program files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\maps\gregyptctf3.bsp"

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-30-2016 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

breadthfirst doesn't need to be set twice skinmaster. Only once does the trick.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-30-2016 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for bumping a thread from five years ago. :dork:

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 03-31-2016 03:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What is -breadthfirst anyway?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.