Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Quake inspired design forged on Halo: Reach

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake inspired design forged on Halo: Reach

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-04-2012 09:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello everybody, this is a map that I forged on Halo, and was hoping that I could get some feedback on it's layout. I've seen some people really break down a map and logically point out the strengths and weaknesses, and I would like to hear your guys' opinions on it. Yes, forge is merely a simple editor, but I do put a lot of time and effort in my designs. I haven't given a true editor a shot yet, because I would have a hard time getting used to it.

Angst is a room based asym designed for 1v1, 2v2, and small FFA.

Quotes from people who have played Angst:
"I've been Angstious to play this." -Rorak Kuroda
"Is this a remake?" -Seven Oh Three
"Tryant is the largest LoS blocker on the map." -The Xzample

Weapons: Custom Powerup, Active Camouflage, Grenade Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Spiker, Plasma Grenade x2, Frag Grenade x4

Review of Angst: (earlier version)

Review of Angst: (earlier version)

1v1 on Angst: (earlier version)

Custom Room:

Camo Room:

Spiker Room:

Sniper Room:

LoS from Receiver to Camo:

LoS from Snipe to Camo:

Thanks to Tyrant, ApK, Nightcock, and everyone else who helped improve Angst's functionality with constructive criticism.

Thanks to Sangman for testing Angst like crazy.

Thanks to everybody who played Angst months after it was released.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-04-2012 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey there and welcome!

I embedded the videos in the post for you.

Looks interesting and I'm hoping you get some feedback for your map. I'm not sure how many people here play Halo though, but keep your fingers crossed. It's always interesting to see mappers for other games post their work here.

A Quake 3 remake of this map would be pretty cool (that's a subtle nudge that you should try your hand at Quake 3).

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.