Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        radiant install problems

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: radiant install problems

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So i recently upgraded my rig and got windows 7.(had xp) I've tried installing all versions of radiant, though i prefer 1.5 and I've been getting a few problems. Mainly after i build the lvl, Q3 can't find it. Originally I had Q3 installed in program files x86, I tried moving it to regular program files and that didn't really help. shouldn't i also have a maps, textures, and other folder in my baseq3 folder too? Image
I'm probably just overlooking something and will end u looking stupid but i cant seem to find the problem.. If you want a pic of something or think you can help thanks in advance! :up:

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 05:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you change the fs_game path of radiant to quake 3's install path as seen in the picture (C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\)? Have you tried installing only one version of radiant to that path and see if it persists in not showing the folders. Radiant's install path (by default on Windows 7) is C:\Program Files(x86)\GTKRadiant <version>. From my understanding (As I currently use Windows 7) Quake 3 doesn't have to be installed in the same folder as radiant is (As mines installed on the D drive while radiant is on the C drive). But setting up the paths correctly is the big factor in solving this issue.

One more thing, the folders show up when something is saved in relation to them. Maps for instance, gets created when you save a .map and compile a .bsp and/or .aas (Bot File) from radiant. Textures are for your custom textures (This is created manually by you). Env is for your custom skyboxes (Manually Created). Screeenshots are for your screenshots captured in-game.

Editor side: Scripts should be automatically added when you set the fs_game path to your game and load it for the first time (Correct me if I'm wrong), but if it doesn't, you can manually create if for your custom scripts and create a shaderlist.txt to add the custom script names to so the textures from that shader file show up in the editor's texture window list. One other file that should automatically be added when you do the process for the scripts folder, is the mapmedia.pk3 that comes with GTKRadiant 1.5.

Hope you get the problem fixed. Goodluck.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If using GtkRadiant 1.5, you also have to install the right gamepack (there are separate ones for each game: Quake3, Wolf/ET, JK/JA, etc.) since the game files are not included with the universal binary.

Also, give 1.6.2 a try, you might like it and you can help contribute to the future development of GtkRadiant with bug testing.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 06:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is set to the right path^^
maybe the files i want are set to hidden? How could i config that?

@obsidian
I got the quake pack for 1.5, if i can't get a solution I will try 1.6. I've been thinking about trying it anyways. :)

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 08:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Go a dir. above baseq3

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 09:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are Linux binaries for 1.6.2, BTW.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.