Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Quake Live WIP: ABC_beta

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake Live WIP: ABC_beta

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-04-2014 08:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Go to Beta 4

----- ARCHIVED -----

Hi guys
This is the 3rd map for Quake Live I`m working on. The first rough was done several months ago and forgot. Now I`m back on it.
ABC is a small duel/ffa map. At this moment my only worry is to make a map that can offer a good, pleasant fight. For that reason I will forget, for now, textures and nice architectonical details, and put my focus on the real thing: movement fluidity and a balanced relationship between rooms and items. As you can see, only 4 plain colors were applied as textures. If u want, play it and send me some feedback about what u feel about this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xryhushi1h0s2b1/abc_beta01.pk3

Last edited by obsidian on 02-04-2014 08:08 AM, edited 3 times in total.Reason: Prefixed title with "QL:" to help folks know it's not normal Q3A

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 01-04-2014 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

corrupt file!

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-05-2014 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Theftbot wrote:
corrupt file!

Think not. Go to properties and check read only.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 01-05-2014 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doh its QL

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-05-2014 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"This is the 3rd map for Quake Live I`m working on."
Do I feel some silent unwill about QL ??????

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 05:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only speaking for myself. I hate QL testing of maps, because my account there keeps on getting deleted because I don't play. And loading custom maps is a bitch, i.e. I was not able to load a custom map at all. So I am disgruntled, and hate QL. Yes, I am old and bitter. ;)

This does not go against your map, I actually like that screenshot a lot. I'd prefer the map to be for Q3A though. I'd certainly immediately help test it and give feedback. There may be more folks who feel that way, then again what do I know.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can use WolfcamQL for testing QL maps, AEon.
It's QL's q3mme, based on ioq3. You just need to download it once and copy over all the pk3 files from your QL install. You'll be able to play QL maps with q3 physics and without having to login to an account.

Personally, I think that making maps for QL is a reasonable thing to do nowadays. The potential audience is bigger and custom maps don't get played in Q3 anymore either so it does barely have any favor to it.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AEon wrote:
Only speaking for myself. I hate QL testing of maps, because my account there keeps on getting deleted because I don't play. And loading custom maps is a bitch, i.e. I was not able to load a custom map at all. So I am disgruntled, and hate QL. Yes, I am old and bitter. ;)

This does not go against your map, I actually like that screenshot a lot. I'd prefer the map to be for Q3A though. I'd certainly immediately help test it and give feedback. There may be more folks who feel that way, then again what do I know.

Man...I`m not a kid anymore, sometimes i feel too old to spend time doing maps, knowing they will never be played online. But I`m not bitter at all and I love play QLive like a kid. Citty is right, u should install Wolfcam. ABC_beta02 will be posted in few days and I want you to test it and tell me all mistakes I´m doing

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It goes both ways, making a map only for Q3 will get people complaining about how they don't have a copy of the game and only have QL. In a perfect world, maps would work for both, but seeing as how that isn't the case, it's up to the mapper to provide support for whatever game he's interested in most.

That said, it's not super hard to convert a map between the two games if you have a Q3 license, nor is it super hard to just install both games.

TL;DR: Meh.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was not aware of WolfcamQL, installed v10.3, started to fix configs to play like I am used to under my test Q3A folder. Took a quick look at the map.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
You can use WolfcamQL for testing QL maps, AEon.
It's QL's q3mme, based on ioq3. You'll be able to play QL maps with q3 physics and without having to login to an account.

That sounds so much like something I would say :p

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 03:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AEon wrote:
Was not aware of WolfcamQL, installed v10.3, started to fix configs to play like I am used to under my test Q3A folder. Took a quick look at the map.

I`m glad u installed WolfcamQL and took a look at my map. Any comment? My first concern at this moment is about how items are placed along the map. The next beta release wont have important changes to the layout, so if you have suggestions to modify items places, now is the right time.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 08:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, played it twice so far, second time against bots. IMO, the main focus should not be the items, but the layout itself and the gameflow.

I have been playing Rise of the Triad (2013) this past week, so was surprised how effective rocket jumping actually can be in Q3A. That said, I have the feeling this map is geared towards competitive rocket jumping as primary means of travel?

I kept having to jump down from ledges, or jump along them, or use 125 FPS jumps to overcome gaps. All things that are extremely bad for bot-play, i.e.these all are dead ends for bots. Is this intentional? I.e. bots have little to no priority?

Strangely the map worked more or less with 4 bots on hardcore. Though they do congregate on the lowest level of the map.

Generally, you might consider giving the lowest part of the map, more height variation, to avoid it being completely flat, e.g. by adding some about player-heigh platforms, with a few steps.

On the upper level, you have a set of stairs around a roundish corner. Your step heights are too heigh by a factor of two IMO, making the player head bob extremely. Doubling the number of steps would help smooth the head bobbing. (Just guessing, your steps seem to have 16u and they should be more like 8u heigh.)

Bugs:
  • Not sure if this a WolfCamQL issue, but the skybox is broken and showing a white grid on a black texture.
  • The JP has no sound either, when you use it.

I would have to play the map a lot more to understand your present connectivity to be able to maybe suggest connections that could help. A quick check let me notice the following:
  • On the lowest flow I would tend to run to the PG, and then that would have me run into the wall, a dead end, unless I RJ, or turn around towards the JP. Getting a weapon at a "dead end" is not too good an idea. It might be interesting to check if you can continue the path at the PG somehow, maybe.
  • The pathing I really did not like was on the lowest flow (from the central area) to either the TP or on the other side of the wall the JP. I always ended up on the JP side of the wall wanting to cut off the bots on the TP side. Especially the path to the JP felt overly long and irrelevant, though it actually is one of the very important connections up. Some height-variation and a shortening of the path to the JP IMO would help.
  • Another path up from the lowest area might also be something to think about. I had too much the feeling of being stuck "down there". Again, if RJing is the maps intention, I am simply not properly playing the map.

Just to be clear, I really like the way you abstracted the geometry and the design you use in the map.

Hope that is of some use.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ty for ur comments, Aeon.
Need to read it with more attention. Anyway, very intersting stuff, some good ideas ;) Tomorrow i will reply.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

These stairs are much too phat. Make them a bit shorter please!

Make this opening a bit wider, so that the little "bridge" on the outer edge (the right side of the image) is smaller. Also make the jumppad launch you straight up.
And while you're at it, make the trigger on the jpad in such a way that you can walk beside it to the back, without having to jump.

Other than those, the map is really nice. I can't wait for it to finish. Of course, I don't care about duel gameplay, and am looking from a purely movement-based view. It looks really fun. I can't think of any other big fixes right now.

Last edited by AEon on 01-08-2014 07:13 AM, edited 1 time in total.Reason: lvlshot'ed the images

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 02:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition wrote:

These stairs are much too phat...
Make this opening a bit wider...
make the jumppad launch you straight up.
make the trigger on the jpad in such a way ...
I don't care about duel gameplay...

Good tips ;)
About gameplay, iessssssss I care a lot

Last edited by AEon on 01-08-2014 07:14 AM, edited 1 time in total.Reason: lvlshot'ed the image

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 03:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi Aeon
-About bots priority, I did make this map thinking only on human play. Maybe I am wrong. Imo, play vs bots is not the essense of this game. For me, bots are usefull as a way to test the map and not much more. I dont know any map where play vs bots is still funny after 3 games.
-After testing with bots, I verified they move almost only on the lower floor. Even those who spawn on upper levels. After they are downfloor they have no easy way to go up.
-You are right: lower floor needs a major modification. As you say, it needs other ways to connect easy to upper floors, not only with JP or TP. The feeling of geting trapped in this area is real.
-Dont want to make this a RJ map, but give the chance of using it to faster moves, and only if the player wants.
-About stairs...I have allways a probl to make them "fit" in the layout, but is something I will see again.
-Skybox...no problem here, on both Wolfcam and QLive work perfect.
-JP nosound is a personal old problem : never had sound on JP in all maps I`ve done. But have to find a solution, wont be so dificult...I think.
Tanks for playing and comment this map. Beta02 will come soon.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 07:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

• Bots vs. Player
    I am pretty oldschool, so bots are the only relevant gameplay mechanic to me. Mostly because almost no custom maps will see significant playing by real players. But obviously there is also a case for going for a more "challenging" jump'n'run layout that will demand skilled players to navigate it. For me the more simplistic, but easy playing gameflow is preferred. But I see your point, and as mapper, you should indeed be the one who sets the priorities.

• Bots Optimized
    Some tricks: Bot-only spawn points in areas they will not get to normally can help. And the placement of items they care for. So e.g. 5H groups and less weapons at the bottom of the map, might help. RL, PG on e.g. med level or power-ups could help. Basically one tries to define some plausible item-relevant pathing for the bots. Bots congregate in combat areas, so once they do, everyone else flocks there too.

"After they are downfloor they have no easy way to go up."
    This IMO is a hint at a problem for your normal players as well. So the "stupidity" of bots helps hint at basic issues with gameplay. So you might try to look into solving the issue.

• "The feeling of getting trapped in this area is real."
    Glad you agree... looking forward to what you come up with... will probably not be easy to solve. But if you do that will most certainly make the map very much more interesting. Especially if you come up with a non-trivial solution. Challenges often create the really interesting design choices.

Not going RJ-only I am glad to hear. So if you work on the "normal" flow not only the bots will be better off so will the player, but the "clever" player will have some interesting advantages adding pathing variety.

• "Skybox...no problem here, on both Wolfcam and QLive work perfect."
    You may be testing a non-clean install then, or there is something missing in my install, potentially others will have this problem then as well. Hmmm... can someone else comment on this?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In Wolfcam baseq3 u need to have all pk3 from quakelive. The sky shaders are inside those pk3 and wolfcam needs them to render the sky I used. But if u already have them, look at the folder named shader list (or similar). All shaders must be listed there.
Hope this helps

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Almost forgot...I will use ur tip to"control" bots, using some items in certain places to "atract" them. Good idea. Dunno if in a human game it will be ok, but for now seems the best way to make a playble map.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am seeing this issue on the console:

Code:
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'textures/skies/meth_clouds_green.tga' in shader 'textures/skies/meth_clouds_green'
Shader textures/skies/meth_clouds_green has a stage with no image
WARNING ShaderForShaderNum: using default shader for 'textures/skies/meth_clouds_green' (8, 20)
WARNING ShaderForShaderNum: using default shader for 'textures/skies/meth_clouds_green' (8, 23)
WARNING ShaderForShaderNum: using default shader for 'textures/skies/meth_clouds_green' (8, 21)
WARNING ShaderForShaderNum: using default shader for 'textures/skies/meth_clouds_green' (8, 22)
WARNING ShaderForShaderNum: using default shader for 'textures/skies/meth_clouds_green' (8, 22)
stitched 0 LoD cracks

Your pk3 is in D:\Games\wolfcamql10.3\baseq3\abc_beta01.pk3, were it seems to belong with all the contents of the C:\Users\AEon\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\baseq3 folder.

The shaders are normally in scripts/... no shader list file there.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-10-2014 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AEon wrote:
The shaders are normally in scripts/... no shader list file there.

I`m not a shader expert...but I`m sure the sky shader is in my pk3

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Attachment:
abc_beta 02.jpg
After a hard work last weekend, here is the beta 02 version from ABC map.
AEON and KITTENIGNITION made some interesting comments and sugestions about beta 01.
The major problem was on the ground level, there were not enough ways to get out from there, fast and safe. Besides, the layout of that area is a bit opressive.
In this version I added a new set of stairs and a elevator on the gound level, but kept the same layout, hoping that the "opression" feeling disapears with the new wayouts.
Changed the position of some items in order that the bots dont get stucked in a small zone, as before. Think this aspect is a bit better, but far from perfect.
Changed the design of the TP and added another element: a chimney. Also aplied some testing textures. I`m thinking on another name for this map. :rolleyes: We will see.https://www.dropbox.com/s/298qsx7ocgwp7fh/abc_beta02.pk3

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 10:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't have to make a new thread for every release. Just update the old one and post a reply. You can update the title too by editing the initial post.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
You don't have to make a new thread for every release. Just update the old one and post a reply. You can update the title too by editing the initial post.
From now on I`ll do that :up:

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Generally speaking I still feel the layout is "quirky". One tends to have to do strange jumps, all over the place, or bumps into walls or stair step-edges.

• Not helping I know, but I actually liked the map better with the plain textures.
  • Placing items in corners, especially weapons can be less than fluid, i.e. the PG forcing the player to "squeeze" between the wall and the stairs. Placing the PG more centrally IMO would be better.
  • The high JP leading (if you jump back to the heigh level MH) technically will throw you into a wall when moving forward. The whole area above the JP IMO is much too cramped, no movement space.
  • Getting to the MH via former JP is also strange. IMO it would be better to properly connect the MH level area better with the rest of the map. Presently there is a one way up, and then you jump down somehow.
  • The whole med-level of the map, the level you reach via elevator pad, i.e. on the LG level is very cramped. You can do some jumping to get around on that level if you like, but I felt it was not really worthwhile. Feels very much like trick-jumping, instead of a gameflow. Also the chimney on that level pretty much gets in the way. Hmm...
  • Why is the TP (teleporter) in the wall, forcing you to jump a ledge to get at it? Simply putting the TP on the wall worked better.
  • At the TP, taking the path right past the green armour (GA) you encounter a JP that catapults you up to stairs and the RG. That JP is in the middle of the path, i.e. blocking the path for bots, forcing the player to jump over it. Never seen that sort of use of JPs... and IMO for a reason. This blocks the path when trying to stay on the lowest level. Create some space and let the player run past the JP, would be my suggestion.
  • Same JP, from the LG trying to reach the upper level of the RG, you would have to jump down onto the JP, to then reach the ledge on the other side. An down and up movement for a movement, needlessly adding extra bound, complicating movement when you could simply go up by some stairs, if this area was wider. For a bit of fun I would probably use a AP (acceleration pad) instead of stairs.
  • When you run up the 90 degree 1/4 spiral stairs, you suddenly must jump down, or run along a very narrow edge, to reach the other side where you come out at the YA. Don't really know what this is good for?
  • Running along the out wall corridor I noted you do get stuck in those for a lengthy time, the term "corridor cancer" comes to mind. Usually a sign that some interesting layout changes would help. Careful not to end up with the "swiss cheese" map (holes everywhere).

IMO, it would help if you take some time to think through the pathing:
  • What are the main areas you want to reach? And ensure you can get there by several paths.
  • What are the main height areas you want to have in the map? Do these e.g. let the player stay on that level, i.e. for better gameflow, or do you need to change height too frequently.
  • Are all the paths necessary?
  • Does the bouncing around serve a purpose?
  • Does the TP serve a purpose?
  • Is there enough room to move? I.e. for combat? If not add more space for that movement.
  • Do things get in the way of movement? Too many holes you might fall in? Note that these wholes block bots, but also players who will inadvertently fall into them, e.g. when trying to run backwards.

No idea if any of this is helpful... I have the feeling possibly not. It could be that the way you see gameplay is completely different from mine.

Sorry if this is coming across as negative, that is not my intent, I am just trying to get to grips with the map. And in case you are wondering, yes, it is very difficult to create a good gameflow for a map. In my own maps I did get it right a few times, other times less so.

And I mention this now, because as soon as you start adding detail, you will be less and less likely to change the layout and gameflow. So the latter really needs to work before investing huge amounts of time on detail.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How do you work like this? I decompiled the map to look around, and all the geometry is so uneven and ugly. It's like you used gridsize 1 for everything, which makes nothing line up properly. I just don't get how you can operate in such an environment, especially now that you're adding textures... it's like Hell.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-15-2014 04:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition wrote:
How do you work like this? ... it's like Hell.

Hi Kitten
You right, this was not done in the proper way, not with that "pro" look. There some work basics I dont know yet. Next map will be done with some more experience, I hope.
Anyway, those textures are only a test, and 3 days after I hate them.I`m back to plain colors and remaking the layout, trying to make it technically better.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-15-2014 04:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aeon
Ty for spending so much time analysing this last version and give me so much stuff to think about.
About gameflow my general intention is (was) to make paths not too easy for human players and make them use more of their skills......I understand that this creates a lot of dead ends for bots, but my doubt at this moment is: map for human vs bots, human vs human..or both ? As I said before, I have no fun playing vs bots...but maybe if a map is good for bots maybe is good for humans too. Gonna pay more atention to this and make a lot testing with bots.
About textures, I know how much they help to create an atmosphere and how that is crucial to players love or hate a map.
I`m not happy with these last textures and go back to plain colors for now.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 01-22-2014 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xiripiti,
keep your chin up, creating something is always better than sitting around just playing games, like I have been doing lately, alas.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-23-2014 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,here is the abc_beta03.
In the last beta02 I made a big mistake: spent a lot time trying some textures I had in mind, instead doing what matters: work on the layout. So, let`s forget beta02.
I`m back to plain colors for the textures, and, as a experience, I changed them into blue and I`m glad with it.
On the ground level made big changes: the elevator is gone, and changed the position of the JP, now in the center of the back corridor, near the TP. The large central area is now divided in 2, with a small corridor between them.
The middle and upper levels are now more "clean", with less dead ends, making the running easier, specialy for bots. Also small changes on items position. I thing that most of spawn points must be redefined on next beta release.
I have still big doubts about weps/ammo positioning, and also about health/armour items. Play vs bots is not enough to find the right answer to that.
It would be nice if IDSoftware made a server to where map designers upload their maps and play them online with their friends.I would gladly PAY for that.
I wait for ur comments
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqq932yj2u95xh9/abc_beta03.pk3
Attachment:
abc_beta03_1.jpg
Attachment:
abc_beta03_2.jpg

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 01-23-2014 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:

http://quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=49937&p=968091

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 01-23-2014 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am really glad to see these changes. I really love your simpler texturing, and apparently that is your forte, to make simple texturing look good on geometry, I admire that a lot. A few things I noted:

• I really love the stripes behind the JPs... very elegant.
  • Your almost indirect lights shining onto indented wall niches also look very nice (in main arena ground floor).
  • Moving the PG helps.
  • TPs no longer force you to jump... definitely better now.
  • Closing up some of the floor holes also helps. Make the map look less chaotic as well.
  • I don't miss the elevator a bit :).
  • Connecting the RA area with some stairs to the med level also helps.

• Closing off the room under the YA, now with a 2nd TP, was a good thing IMO. But instead of exiting this TP near the YA, I think it would actually be a lot more interesting gameflow-wise to have it exit in the wall niche, that will directly lead you to the MH (i.e. you exit the niche, and continue running on the bridge to the MH).
  • I still would love to see some sort of connection between the top level MH, and the other side where the RA is, e.g. a narrow bridge to add some "danger" and difficulty". Though that might become an issue, i.e. you TP exit get the MH and then get the RA right away as well. But the RA could probably be moved.
  • Just an observation: Your splitting the arena on the ground floor level into two areas, forces the player on both sides of the wall either to run in parallel to the JP or the TP... that feels a bit tedious (too much running), and from a point of layout too much the "same". Shortening the path from for the TP e.g. might help, not easy I know. But something IMO needs to be done to avoid the sameness.
  • Bottom of the level in the PG arena. To enter the area on the ground floor you have this doorway, that is placed a bit awkwardly. If you come from the other arena, to will need to make a sharp turn right to avoid bumping into the steps here. IMO, it could help to move the steps back into the wall, by maybe half the width of the stair, to add more space near the doorway. This indenting of the steps into the wall might also look more interesting.
  • Following the RL corridor, you end up just below the bridge leading to the MH. Alas my skills at jumping are not good enough to make it to that bridge. Some extra step in the wall, as stepping stone might, help us less skilled to get to the MH bridge from the RL level. From the other side JP you can easily reach the MH bridge.

I have a few other thoughts about gameflow, but I think you are on the way of discovering them yourself, probably finding better solutions.

Map is really starting to look solid, nice design, neat texturing, gameflow is definitely getting there. About the latter you might want to give some of the corridors along the outer walls some thought, e.g. do you really need them all? I have the feeling the YA one is a bit long and strange, even though I like the stairs at both ends. On the other side of the area, when you pass the SG, TP and then the JP and then GL... this one is also quite long and narrow, and pretty much totally disconnected from the rest of the "action", i.e. the central arena areas. Corridor fighting might be good, not sure though.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-25-2014 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi Aeon
Make the TP go MH instead to YA seems a bright idea.
Make a sort of "bridge" from MH to the other side to get the RA...hmmmm... maybe that is turning things too easy.
I`m keeping work on the ground level, not happy with it. Have new ideas, I will show you soon. Maybe overcomplicated but I`m sure u will say something about it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.