Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        z_malloc or not z_malloc

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: z_malloc or not z_malloc

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello people, i made a map using blender 2.7 (this map is optimized to play urban terror). I tried to play this on Q3 (version 1.32) and.. :mad: ...booom: z_malloc problem appear. I also tried my pk3 on openarena and all work fine; i don't understand why on Q3 and team arena my map won't work, there is a solution to resolve my trouble? :o

Compiler: q3map2 2.5.16
SDK: gtkradiant 1.5
only [BSP] stage used ( no [VIS] and [LIGHT] stages used, lightmap textures made from scratch using baking texture technique)
all models are .ASE file

here a video on openarena:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv4w0AfS3sU

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try raising com_hunkmegs. It sets the amount of RAM Q3 may use.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i tried "1024" value but the problem persist :(

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try running a dedicated server with the hunkmegs set on it, instead of just through the console. I had to do that with a couple of my maps.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think com_hunkmegs can be changed in game. The VM allocates memory on start up I believe. Set it in the .cfg that loads with the game (likely config.cfg in \quake3\baseq3), or do it on a dedicated server as mentioned.

I think there is also a hard coded limit to com_hunkmegs, but I may be mistaken and I'm not even sure what it would be.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.