Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        "Ye Olde Pump" -canceled

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: "Ye Olde Pump" [PRE-RELEASE] UPDATED ON 04.28.15

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-11-2015 03:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whats most likely occurring is that, because you are using a different computer now, the paths to all your files etc will be different, and its throwing up errors when you try to compile.
an HD5450 GPU shouldn't have any issues running Quake 3 providing you have all the latest drivers.
Windows 7 should be perfectly fine as should Windows 8. I run Windows 8 on my main system and everything runs flawlessly.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-11-2015 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jiipiie i got it!
I think some files were broken.
After just copying all the stuff from my laptop to the new pc it finally works! :yawn:
Im new to this strange windows 7 world... seems to me the higher the number the more complicated stuff you have to mess around with :olo:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-11-2015 06:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like you never seen Windows 10. That's complicated stuff :olo: Although it seems to be last version of Windows, new generation of Microsoft OS is coming up...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-11-2015 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New to Windows 7!? It's been available for 6 years lol

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-11-2015 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jeah, new to Win7! Im living in the past... :olo:
Always had scum-computers in my life <3

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-11-2015 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Im thinking on scaling and layouting again after playing QL some hours today... I think now my map is not "completly" overscaled. The last game was on Corrosion, and it was the first time that i thought "wow, this map is really big" Is it possible thats just most of my detail-stuff and trims are out-of-scale ? Im still a little confused about that scaling stuff and was thinking by the feedback that all my corridors and battlegrounds are out-of-scale. :confused: :question: :paranoid:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-11-2015 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the best way to learn that stuff is to decompile lots of maps and study the dimensions.

personally i think corrosion is over-scaled (maybe not gameplay-wise for clan arena as these maps tend to be bigger.) it's my only real critique of that map. if you noclip up to the walkways for example and check out the doors and railings they are way too tall compared to the player height.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-19-2015 01:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still working on getting this one in shape and scale.

2do:
- Texture size reduction
- Scaling on crates and eyecandy-stuff
- Lightening
- Item optimisation
- AAS tweaking

I was thinking about to cancel this one but i wont... I learnd alot while working on this map so i will give "it" a chance in spite of the fact that im not completely satisfied with the result.

- Rome wasn't built in a day :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.