Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        GTKRadient 1.6.4 - Textures dissapearing in 3d view panel

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GTKRadient 1.6.4 - Textures dissapearing in 3d view panel

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 09-05-2015 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi All

When I'm navigating in the 3d window in GTKRadient, textures dissapear if I get the camera too close to the brush. The distance is actually quite far away that the textures disappear which makes it very difficult to do any detailed texturing work. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I'm running a GEForce GTX 560M GPU.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-06-2015 01:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brushes disappearing in the distance sounds like you have distance culling toggled on. It's toggled with a button on the button bar.
Textures disappearing close up, sounds like either you are navigating right into the brush face in the 3D view panel, or there is a video driver issue going on.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 09-06-2015 06:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try to enable ATI bug fix, if the close-up issue still remains, try to move camera a bit further if it still keeps disappearing... For the far distance disappearing try to disable clipping distance.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.